June 17 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 06-17-2011, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

June 17 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

June 17 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

By the time we reach our study of Step Three, we begin to get a sensation of gently, gradually, being led to truths we never realized or put to use.

This Step is a challenge to each of us, personally. It suggests a decision: to Let Go and Let God take a hand in our affairs, which He can do only if we surrender our self-will and turn our lives over to His care.

Step Three is a distillation of the central thought of philosophers through the centuries. Wouldn’t it be wise to accept their wisdom as greater than my own?

TODAY’S REMINDER

The words, “Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him,” could make life so easy for me, if only I could subordinate my will to His. This is a stumbling block for so many of us: we feel obliged to apply the force of our will to our problems. No solutions can be found in this way.

“There is guidance for each of us, and by lowly listening, we shall hear the right word. Certainly there is a right for you that needs no choice on your part. Place yourself in the middle of the stream of power and wisdom, which flows into your life. Then, without effort, you are impelled to truth and to perfect contentment.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Old 06-18-2011, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know, i was just thinking about this concept last night, how I have now been able to "see" things I was refusing to see before. She's not so much as been gently guiding me though, as She's been hitting me over the head. LOL