Notices

Hello

Old 06-16-2011, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Im a 26 year old mother to a 4 year old girl. I'm a heroin addict and day one clean is nearly over.

Am looking forward to sharing and getting support from understanding people.

I am currently taking 30ml meth and struggling. I don't want to take anymore than that as don't want to struggle loads coming off that. I have been taking about 20ml meth a day for about 5 weeks before today while injecting heroin as well.

Anyways, so here goes to the start of saying goodbye to this misery!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery Lunamama, I don't have any experience with heroin as alcohol was my DOC. I'm glad you found us there is lots of great information and support here.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome to SR Lunamama! Congrats on day one of sobriety.

Keep it up. It's not going to be easy but it can be done. There are plenty of people here that can share their stories with you. There is hope!

So glad you're here!!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh honey! You are doing the right thing, what a roller coaster drugs put us on. Your baby will be so thankful to you for getting clean. It's a journey and we are here for you. Have you tried to stop in the past?

I recently met a woman who is doing very well and 10yrs clean from heroin. She was about your age when she really got clean. She's thoughtful, intelligent, and helped me a great deal in the first couple of weeks in AA. It can be done and I'm hoping that you will be helping someone in the future and feeling darn good about it.

Welcome to the board and community! There is a ton of information here. Congrats on your first day! May there be many more.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i'm really really struggling, esp looking after my girl.

Yeah i have tried but it's always been the same. start cutting down, stop gear and start taking meth then get hooked on both! this time is gonna be it though but i know how many times i've said that!

i really hope one day i'll be helping someone else. i just can't seem to get past this part of my life and i so want to stop now, i'm so sick of this life.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Are you going to NA? It really helps. I don't know what your life style is like in terms of responsibilities other than a child but if you have the time get heavily involved in a group if you can. I'm a firm believer that you have to have peers that understand what you are going through to have the strength to get through this!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR
Old 06-16-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome!