Notices

Step 1, A New Beginning

Old 06-15-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Step 1, A New Beginning

Having made the journey through the steps I am beginning again with step 1. It is indeed a new beginning. I am not all caught up in fear and still raw from severe denial. My sponsor has started a step study group that is using the Step Working Guide. When my sponsor got clean this SWG was not yet written. I used it to help guide me through the steps as she guided me through with her experience. She has not worked through the SWG with a sponsor and wants to do so with those of us (her sponsees) who would like to journey through it together.

She is very literature focused and has terrific ability to inspire insight.
We have talked about the principle of surrender. So my assignment is to write about what is different about my surrender now to what it was my previous experience. This assignment developed from the introduction to the first step of the SWG Page 1.

The Journey Continues,
Missy
Old 06-15-2011, 10:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm just curious. Could you explain this step study group purpose. I'm imagining that you all are working each step using the SWG together in a group setting. Discussing the verbage etc, one page at a time. I like the idea, just now sure on the exacts.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes we are looking at the exact verbage and helping each other by sharing what we feel it means. Our 'assignments' we simply discuss and do not read verbatim that writing. We share what we choose to to help eachother relate and identify with the literature. If we find the need or desire to talk one on with with our sponsor we do that another time. We have all worked the steps individually with our sponsor. This is a group who (4 of us plus our sponsor) who are beginning again, together. A couple have been idle on step work for a while and a couple of us have cycled through recently and don't want to sit on our laurels. great question thanks for asking!

We meet twice monthy. I am going to have to attend on conference call occasionally due to I live 4 hours away, whereas the others live in Chicago where our sponsor lives. I drive to Chicago several times a year to get some face to face with my sponsor and other recovering addicts there. My recovery is worth it.
Grateful,
Missy
Old 06-16-2011, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love this and see the benefit that can be derived by this. Thanks so much for sharing.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

more will be revealed!

Peace,
Missy