Notices

Day 3

Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

This is day 3, still sleeping really well, think i'm making up for all those non-productive drunken sleeps. Fact is I slept in this morning and was late for work.
Last night was was bad, I so wanted a drink. I felt i was going crazy, My son was staying with his father, i was home alone, my favourite time to break out the wine. So no wine, I was having cravings and felt so lonely. I wanted to give my friends and family a break (i'm a great one for the phone when I'm drunk) so didn't want to call anyone, anyway I just felt way too down. I hung on to the thought "don't want to go on that site in the morning and say I'd blown it"
Somehow I hung on till midnight, when to bed and crashed out right away- which was good and slept in this morning.
Thing is I don't have a hangover, didn't drunk dial anyone, didn't make a fool of myself or hurt anyone. I'm pretty proud of me.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Way to go! You should be proud. The first couple days of being sober are tough. Your body is detoxing, the body and mind craves the alcohol its been getting for so long, and as you are finding, the addictive voice can be insistent. Just keep at it.

Do you have a recovery plan?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey eveydaynew,

congrats to Day 3! So glad you made it through the evening and night. I had the "I don't want to go to the forums and say I slipped yesterday" thought yesterday afternoon as well. Heh, good to see I am not to the only one.

Keep us posted!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do hope you can get in a recovery program. Try an AA meeting you have nothing to lose. Is costs nothing and you don't have to stick with it, if it isn't a right fit for you. An all women group is often times less intimidating. Check it out. Best of luck and glad you are on sober recovery.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

First week is hard but sounds like you have a good grip on it. Just don't give in because that little voice can be aweful persuasive. Lies...it's all lies...don't listen.
Living sober is so so much better. Just awesome.
Congratulations.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support Doggonecarl,
At the moment my life is a recovery plan, I just landed a great new job, start in two weeks. Broke up a long relationship with a very heavy drinker so I'm feeling a bit fragile but I plan to start back at the gym- i use to be into it and maybe do some classes in something. Work on my relationship with my son.
It's a whole new life for me right now, and I want to make the best of it. I'm sticking with this site and thinking I might go to an AA meeting over the weekend.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

YAY Everydaynew!!!! I'm sooo proud of you! Great job for riding out the temptation.

I'm a fellow wino (well, I haven't been one for 11 days - today is day 12!) who could have written your post myself. My husband travels every week for his job and wine was my companion. And the phone...all the calls I would make and barely remember them in the morning. SOmetimes I would even have to check the history on my calls to see whom I spoke to.

The two things that hold me most accountable are SR and no hangovers. And it also feels good to start to feel like I am starting to slowly have a grip on some things again. Congrats on landing a new job and ending what sounded like a relationship that could hinder your progress.

I have a temptation at night when things wind down. I've been drinking lots of water/iced tea and popping popcorn and watching a movie or tv. I know I'm gonna keep missing that wine for awhile but I'm also enjoying falling asleep naturally for the first time in years instead of passing out. And i LOVE waking up clear and comfortable.

Keep posting! We'll kick it together.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know first hand the temptation and craving to drink in early sobriety. First week was very hard. I stuck to SR like glue. lol It worked for me! Each morning I woke up without drinking gave me strength for another day.

Oh, and I sure know about the drunk phone calls. Swore that off too.

Congrats on 3 days ! I'm happy to hear your gonna check out AA and get some support. It really helps.

Best Wishes To You!