June 14 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 06-14-2011, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

June 14 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

June 14 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

If someone were to say to me, “Here is a medicine that can change your whole life for the better; it will put you in a state of relaxed serenity, help you overcome the nagging undercurrent of guilt for past errors, give you new insight into yourself and your spiritual value, and let you meet life’s challenges with confidence and courage,” would I take it?

That is the promise of the Twelve Steps of AA and Al-Anon, if we do not cling to our burdens, our emotional upsets, family wrangling and wretchedness.

TODAY’S REMINDER

I will set aside a time each day to center my thoughts on the Twelve Steps. I will take them one at a time and observe how constant study changes my point of view.

It is no easy assignment, but life without them isn’t easy either. My choice will be to take this beneficial medicine and let its healing magic work in me.

“The Twelve Steps of AA which we try to follow are not easy. At first we may think some of them unnecessary, but if we are honest with ourselves, we will find that they all apply to us…” (Al-Anon: Suggested Welcome)*