Things happen for a reason.

Old 11-22-2003, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things happen for a reason.

This year has been up and down for me and my A. He has been in and out of recovery this year and when he decides to do something about it that's when I start obsessing and watching to see if he does. Seems to be easier when he is drinking because I know not to have any expectations. Anyway this past month I got my "pink slip" at work and had to make some decisions. A new posting came up at my same place of employment and I got it! During this time my A was hitting an all time low, bill collectors phoning all the time and he even slept under a bench outside one night. His family stepped in and of course he decided once again to do something about it. Because of my new job and some travel I had to do I didn't obsess or interfere once! I don't ask if he's going to a meeting, why not? etc... etc.. Since Nov 1 he has done more than I've ever seen him do in 11 years. Going to a counselor, AA, and an outpatient program. Also, my job is going well so far. I feel like this is a lesson I had to learn. Butt out of others business no matter what! Maybe things are finally looking up.
Summer
Old 11-22-2003, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

((( summer )))))

It sounds like things are looking up for you these days. MYOB was a hard lesson for me to learn as well, since I am a CODIE care taker from waaaaaay back.

Congrats on the job, and congrats on taking care of YOU.

Barb
Old 11-22-2003, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow!

I love reading posts like Summer's. They give so much hope to others.
Summer, congratulations on your new job. And congratulations on your new way of life. It sounds like things are going well for you. I love good news.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 11-22-2003, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((( Summer! ))))))

Congrats and congrats! Isn't it a lot more fun to live YOUR life?

More hugs,
Smoke