Notices

6 Tough weeks mentally and physically

Old 06-13-2011, 03:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 Tough weeks mentally and physically

Well it has now been just over 6 weeks sober. It has by no means been easy so far. I was not expecting it to be easy though. What has helped me through is the AA meetings I have been to, having an online sponser and SR. I have realised that all the things that I am feeling at the moment are perfectly normal in the early stages of alcahol recovery!

I am already discovering a healther me. I have not been sick or had a cold (until today). When I was drinking I would have a cold every other week. I have been going to the gym at least 4 times a week. I feel real great the days I go. I have also started realising that I can have fun sober. I am trying to stay away from the activities that I use to do which involved drinking. I went out to town on saturday night sober with some mates I had not seen in a while! I need to make sure I do not do this often otherwise I may get back into bad habits! I have also been eating a lot more since I gave up drinking. I keep on promising myself that tomorrow I will be healthy but it never eventiates. I need to think of the reasons why I should eat healthy; I feel better, less tired, will look physically better, spend less money, wont feel guilty. Negative things- get sick like i am today, tired, feeling guily and wasted a lot of money...

Anyway cheers everyone on SR who has helped me through this tough first hurdle. I know I have only just begun my recovery and am excited in continuing the journey!

Cairns
Old 06-13-2011, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can't wait to feel better, when I quit before I was in the best physical and emotional shape in my life. Bravo for 6 weeks, keep going...

I am on day 2 and know there are many challenges ahead, but knowing I will feel content and at peace with myself will help me make it through.

IMT
Old 06-13-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi itsmytime. Cheers yes it does get easier! Good luck!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the 6 weeks. With every week that goes by it gets a bit easier.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congrats on your 6 weeks cairns! Keep hanging in there (one day at a time)!