Notices

Newbie from Minnesota

Old 06-12-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie from Minnesota

Just introducing myself.

It's only day one but I feel good. I am trying the seven weeks to recovery book. The author of the book is based here in minneapolis and they do have an out patient treatment facility but of course it is pricey so the counselor recommended living the rules by the book.

I've only been taking the nutritional supplements for a couple days now but I am feeling healthier and not as depressed already. Anybody with feedback on this program, your opinion will be appreciated. I know there is already a thread about it which how I came across this web site, did a google search for reviews on the book and thread came up which I will go back review some more.

A little about me, I'm 33 years old, I've been drinking over half my life. It's gotten pretty bad over the past couple years, no control.

I am at risk of loosing my job, my wife and our two kids, loose my 3rd child that have custody of, and the house. Basically I'm on the verge of loosing my life. Physically I would eventually, probably much sooner then later.

I look forward to browsing this site for support with my recovery and meeting some people whom have gone through the same things I have and going to experience in the future.

Best regards,
Chris
Old 06-12-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

to SR
Old 06-12-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As a fellow Minnesotan, WELCOME!! We definitely have some similarities between us! I'm close to you in age (30) and have risked things with my husband. I've struggled for awhile...but I feel pretty confident that I'm finally on the right track now! Good luck to you and get all you can from this site--it's so helpful! Congrats on deciding to quit drinking!!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Chris,

I almost lost everything too.

I'm glad you found us.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome.

If you are at risk of losing everything you value, then that's strong motivation to quit. I'm not familiar with the book you refer to but I'm glad you are looking to follow some type of structured method.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR and good for you to be starting your recovery with us. You'll find lots of support and useful info here.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Chris

D
Old 06-12-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Chris.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

to SR
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Chris...glad you're here.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi welcome to the site the book sounds interesting. Do you know if it can be brought online?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

cairns87

Thank you and yes, I think I saw it online at Amazon. I picked mine up at our local Barnes and Nobel for $16.

The clinic that developed the treatment is Health Recovery Center, they've been researching this method for 35 years. You can purchase the rapid detox nutritional pack from them directly for I think $300-$400, which I think inclueds additional packs to help with anxiety, depression, etc. I purchased all of the ingrediants from our local GNC for about $150.

Even if you choose not to do any of the programs, it is good read. I always new that drinking heavily was not good for you mentally and physically but this book really breaks it down and it's amazing how much drinking alters everything.

Anyway, I'm on day 2 and I feel better then I have in a long time. Of course I know it's because I haven't drank for a couple of days but I'm certain that the variety of supplements I'm taking has eliminated most of the withdrawal symptoms, depression, axiety, and help with my energy overall.

Best Regards,
Chris
Old 06-14-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

On to day 3, feeling pretty good still. A little tired, haven't been sleeping very good but I still would take this over drinking.