Just popping in!!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just popping in!!

Hi everyone. I've missed you all. You just cannot believe how much time a 4-year old takes out of a day. LOL I'm talking about my great-grandaughter, not Mr. Dev! LOL

She is growing and thriving with each passing day. Most of the time she wants to call me "mommy" which is ok, but I always go back to explaining why I am "mommy!"

I have the poor child so brain washed that when we went to the doctor for her checkup, and the doc asked her what she wants to be when she grows up, she replied "I am going to go to college, get a job, make money for a car, phone, house, then I'm going to be a doctor or dentist or pharmacist, then I will get a husband, and have a baby!" Doc replies, "hMMM, where do you think that came from?" I HAVE NO IDEA??

Her father is in the slammer again, and the grandaughter just gave birth to another little boy, which she gave up immediately! The second baby, is in a foster home. He will be adopted by them soon. Our adoption isn't finished yet, but hopefully it will be soon. Mother appealed the adoption on the grounds we're too old and will probably die soon! I told her if she keeps up her lifestyle, she may go first!

My son is living on his own, and doing ok I guess. He hardly ever calls anymore. Guess that's ok too. He also forgot mother's day, and was a day late with his token "happy birthday" call. Makes all the sacrafices so worth it right? I don't care as long as he is doing ok. He is going to school for mechanics/welding. Or so he says. You never know. He looked great last I saw him, but that's been a couple of months already. I saw his parole officer as she stopped by the house the other day. She's very nice.

Ok, going to run have to make some playdough. LOL

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Trinity 6-10-11 (6).jpg (94.4 KB, 105 views)
Old 06-11-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

She's so pretty! You are doing such a great job with her. Thank you for the update. She sounds like a very smart little girl and I'm pretty sure I know where she got that from!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wonderful update!!! Thank you!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

So Sweet! Thanks for the update!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Dev, this just makes me cry, not with sadness but because it's so wonderful how this little girl has taken over your life...and you thought YOU were in charge, right?

She is so very very very blessed to be with you and Mr. Dev and I think God has moved everyone else out of the way that could bring bad vibes into your life right now.

And she is absolutely beautiful...must have your great genes.

So 'scuse this weepy Codie because my heart is just tickled each time you post.

Big hugs to you and Mr. Dev...my favourite Italian

From the foxy lady of the north.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your replies.

Ann you are so right! I think God just cleared my entire slate so that I may concentrate solely on this child.

Her father wrote while in the slammer saying how he wants to be part of her life. of course he does now that he has had a little sobriety under his belt. Well, I don't think so. I started to write back, then decided not to. I refuse to let any of them come back into her life until they have lots of good, clean, time behind them.

She is a pistol, let me tell you. She is graduating from preschool (first 6 months only) she will have 6 more months then kindergarden. Boy oh boy, do I know how to raise a child these days. Teachers are amazed at how CONSISTANT I AM! If they only knew why!! Yep, I'm in control as we speak. Of course who knows what 5 will bring! LOL

The other day she wanted an ice cream cone. I said yes you may after you put on your shoes. She looked at me and said, "Nanna, listen to my words, I will do something for you, and you will do something for me, that is called compromising!" That's what Fancy Nancy books do for their vocabulary. LOL

Most of all I love it when she goes to Mr. Dev and says, "Nonno, we need to talk!" That's right after she's done something wrong, like picked the fruit off the tree that isn't ripe yet!

OK, here's the photo I should have sent.

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Trinity before school.jpg (93.8 KB, 94 views)
Old 06-11-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((Dev)))

You gave my heart a big smile today! She's beautiful!! A true angel!!

God bless all of you...
Old 06-11-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

She's just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. Children are such an amazing power in our lives. It's amazing how they can come in and take over our lives and hearts.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

what a precious bright light! She looks like she is just full of joy and energy. You are doing a wonderful job with her and she will remember all of these important life lessons that you are sharing with her.

Sounds like your hands are really full but that life is full of interesting twists and turns!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh pass the tissues, she is truly an angel.

Dev, you are an angel too, how blessed she is to have a great-grandma who loves her so much.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Oh wow Dev !! I do so agree with everyone else. She is beautiful, You are awesome & You Both are very blessed to have each other !!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What a beautiful little girl! Your love for her glows in your post. It's amazing how children can bring so much light into our lives. I have my 5 year old grandson for the weekend (he's sleeping right now) and he is such a treasure. It breaks my heart that his father isn't a part of his life but......I feel so lucky that I am.

And I know what you mean about the consistency thing......I definitely deal with my grandson differently than I dealt with my children when they were growing up. Your granddaughter is lucky to have such a loving Nanna.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 06-12-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks friends for all your kind thoughts and words. We really are tired at the end of the day, but she is so cute it keeps you going. The things they come up with.

The other day we, she and I, went to pick up Mr. Dev at the vineyard he helps take care of because the lady is too old now, and I unbuckled her seat belt then kept on going because she can climb out by herself. I turned around just in time to see her on the ground, getting up, dusting herself off. I ran back and said, "are you ok?" She continues to dust herself off, and says "yes, I'm ok, not to worry!"

When Mr. Dev gets upset with her for say picking the fruit off the tree when it isn't ready, he frowns. She looks at him and says, "Nonno, what's the matter is the sun in your eyes?" LOL You can't help but laugh.

There is one problem that we are facing, and that is she always picks up things that don't belong to her and she'll hide them under the bed. I tell her that this is wrong and, if she continues this behavior, she'll end up in trouble.

The other day I missed my camera. I asked her if she knew where it was. She replied, "Oh sure!" I said show me. So, under the bed she goes, pulls out the camera. I said, "what did I tell you about this behavior?" She replies, "If I continue this behavior, I will end up in the slammer!" OMG, the words they remember!

Notice I haven't much time to talk about the son anymore. As I said, I hardly hear from him these days. He has a girlfriend who is 7 years older than him. Which makes her 55. Maybe she doesn't like him calling his mamma. That's ok, but there are times when I need to talk with him, especially when parole officer drops in and he isn't here. He is suppose to be living here, but he's not. I call his phone and most times he doesn't answer. I've learned to do the same thing when he calls me. Gets easier and easier.

Ok, I better close. You know me, I can go on for hours. Ann, is it ok to share a joke that is a little off-color? I would love to share it because it is so funny! Let me know.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 06-12-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

"If I continue this behavior, I will end up in the slammer!"

Oh heavens, a face like an absolute angel and the knowledge of a little life smart young lady. You have definitely mastered boundaries, Dev and your precious GGD is reaping the benefits. Bless you and Mr dev for being there for her. She truly is a beauty and her smile tells me she has a heart of gold!

Last edited by greeteachday; 06-13-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You know I delight in seeing you update on SR, Dev. When I saw this, I thought it was just like getting a letter from a dear friend who is off on some adventure. I couldn't wait to read it and hear of the latest goings on with you, Mr. Dev, and the wee angel.

You are all growing together and the toxic elements are getting left out of the picture and all the better for that.

Keep doing what your doing. Keep raising that gorgeous girl as your heart tells you.

Thank you for sharing a peace of your joy with us!!

Alice
Old 06-13-2011, 03:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by devastated View Post
Ann, is it ok to share a joke that is a little off-color? I would love to share it because it is so funny! Let me know.

Hugs, Devastated
Because it's you Dev and I know your "off colour" isn't rule breaking...well, go ahead, humour is a big part of our recovery.

*ducks under chair just in case*
Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ok, then Ann, here goes. Hope I don't get in trouble but you can edit it if it's too racy.

A man walks into Barnes and Nobel and asks the young lady at the counter, "Do you have the book for men with small penises, I can't remember the title." She replies, "I'll see if it's in yet." The man says, "yes that's it I'll take one."

Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Hugs, Devastated AKA Bad girl
Old 06-13-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

(Dev)

Raising kids the second time around is so much more fun right? but I agree - we are exhausted ALWAYS!!!!!

She is a doll - too precious for words! I really love the slammer comment!

Our girl is doing great too - passed to the 2nd grade and is enjoying her summer. Spent a week at her other grandmother's and said that she missed me so much she was about to be "Crazy Lonesome" without us!

Last nite - I was talked into using food coloring so she could dye her hair PINK & GREEN - I figure - hey why sweat the small stuff right? She bathed, brushed her teeth, read, did math pages and cleaned her room - so what's the big deal about a little food coloring. . .

and so far everytime we pass beer in the store - she makes me walk next to it because she says that stuff is gross - please don't make me walk any where near it!

yeah - i'll settle with a little food coloring in the hair - any day!

Enjoy the blessings, giggles and try to catch a nap when you can -
PINK HUGS!
Rita
aka ReeRee
Old 06-13-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Dev, that's funny

Don't you dare tell it in front of the little angel....she'll be repeating it at the library when you least expect it.

Hugs to all of you :day6
Old 06-13-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OH NO, Ann, I wouldn't dare do that. In fact, Mr. Dev said "studpid" the other day, and she reminded him that that isn't a very kind word! LOL If she only knew the things I heard in the past. Remember? OMG!

MsPinkAcres, isn't that the truth about not sweating the small stuff. You should see what a mess we had with the food coloring on the hands at Easter time. Did that come right out of her hair? Just in case our baby decides that's something she wants to do. Can't say no to everything for sure.

Isn't that the cutest thing what she said about being "crazy lonesome" makes it all worthwhile. Refresh my memory is this child your grandaughter?

Just talked with the son for 16 seconds. He is ok. The only way I could verify that fact would be if I saw him in person. Although he lives 45 minutrs away, I haven't seen him since Easter.

OK, better run and see what mr. Dev is brewing for dinner. He has "little chef" now helping him.

Hugs, Devastated