Notices

6 weeks

Old 06-09-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 weeks

I am coming up to 6 weeks sober. Although i am feeling a lot better about where I am in my recovery at the moment. I am not proud of my effort just yet. I have been in this position before and have ended up talking myself back into drinking.

What is different this time round is I have been looking on sober recovery most days and also have attended a few AA meetings and have started on the Big Book with an online sponser. I still have good and bad days but I am thankful that I have not woken up hung over or have had any guilty feelings about drinking the night before. I do still feel guilty about how I ended up this way!

I have found that boredom is tough! I have had a lot of spare days up my sleave recently. I have learnt that I need to use this site on those days and I also need to find other activities like exercise, working on CV etc. I am enjoying being healthy. I was very sick while drinking. Since giving up drinking I have not been sick once. I have just got to make more of an effort to watch what I eat now as I have been binge eating a lot since giving up drinking!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 6 weeks cairns

I think you'll find if you keep dong all the right things, all the other stuff should fall into place - good work

D
Old 06-09-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Congrats! Any amount of sober time is a wonderful thing to see. 6 weeks takes a lot of work. Sounds like you are on the right track.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You should be proud of 6 weeks. There are lots of folks that would consider that next to impossible so don't sell yourself short.
I can relate to the binge eating. I'm not even a month in this time around and have probably gained 5 or 10 pounds! I'm about ready to tackle that next before I get much worse.
Anyway, glad you are here and you posted. Thanks.