Notices

16th day cold turkey

Old 06-09-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

16th day cold turkey

Well, I made it 16 days cold turkey.

Lets see, no issues the first week, I was surprised after being a beer drinker for 25 years I had no detox issues. I am for sure sleeping better, I do not wake up in the middle of the night like I did, I fall asleep when I want to and wake up earlier then I ever did in the past with no hang over.

I would have to say its been pretty boring, I've been kind of in that cloud I read on here and find myself lacking motivation. Funny, cause I am a pretty motivated person. In Michigan my freinds are hitting the lake and I know there will be all sorts of triggers where is I just don't want to involve myself.

For now, going to stick to the course, not worry about upcoming court dates in the future. And just give it my best shot.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would have to say its been pretty boring, I've been kind of in that cloud I read on here and find myself lacking motivation. Funny, cause I am a pretty motivated person.
ME TOO! I'm restless and board. I'm trying to stay in each moment and just tell myself to worry about only that. I have this inner struggle to worry about all this stuff I have no control over. ugh!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for getting through 16 days sober!

I think it's really important to know that there are many changes we need to make in our lives to be happy. I had given up all my activities by the end of my drinking days and I had to find new ways to spend my time. It can be challenging, but it's so important.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Good for you for getting through 16 days sober!

I think it's really important to know that there are many changes we need to make in our lives to be happy. I had given up all my activities by the end of my drinking days and I had to find new ways to spend my time. It can be challenging, but it's so important.
I understand that, its going to be huge change in my life and just trying to adjust will be a huge for me.

Part of it is, I own a Social Networking web site which has a forum of 15K local members, I was/am the guy organizing events and charity functions. Also, part of the job is selling ads to the businesses that support the site, 20% were bars and restaurant related. Part of getting the deal was being a patron in their establishment, maybe they will have a new found respect, its funny, allot of them own bars and don't drink themselves.

So allot of what I built up around me is Social or Good Time related, so its going to be tough trying to dial it in.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

well done free bird.

Maybe the cold turkey will transform into your very own inner eagle

trap and tame darklights wildebeast - and you will be a force to be reckoned with in your local area
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your progress FreeBird

I had to make a lot of changes in my life too - some pretty wholesale ones...I even changed my career... but I've never regretted making those changes...I love my life now

D
Old 06-09-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on your 16 days sober freebird.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congragulations on 16 Days! Keep it up!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 16 days. The physical part is over, are you planning on working a program like AA?