Notices

first timer, again

Old 06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first timer, again

Hey all,
I'm new to SR, but not to opiate withdrawals, just figured I could use some kind and encouraging words. I'm currently on day one (20 hours) of no use. I went through detox at the beginning of Feb for a 90mg/day ocycodone snorting habit. Got through it and had about three weeks clean, enough for most PAWS to subside, only to use again. Three months later I'm back to using anywhere from 60-100mgs a day. I'm totally ashamed and wanting to be done with this again, it is quickly unraveling my life yet again. I'm not going to go through detox again, just tough it out at home. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how bad of withdrawals to expect this time around. I'm currently feeling fluish and letargic and have the mild runs. Its not terrible, just feeling down and under the weather, so I'm hoping maybe this time won't be so bad. Back in Feb I detoxed off of a 9 month daily habit. Howw much worse should I expect it to be in the coming days? Any advice? Thank you guys so much in advance. I'm 25 and I need and truly want to be done with this.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR!

I do hope you find the experience, strength, and hope I have found here at SR. I unfortunately do not have enough experience in drug abuse to be of any help. I am sure someone will be along soon who can share their experience with you though.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Taybre

I've never used Oxy so I haven't any experience to share.
I do think it's a good idea to ask the kind of questions you're asking of a Dr tho.

Hope you feel better soon

D
Old 06-07-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been there. The usual is expected: stomache pain, body aches, sleeplessness. OTC products that help like imodium for the runs, benedryl for the runny nose, chicken broth & gatorade for hydration and tummy ache. Warm showers and baths are helpful for the body aches and also for to release toxins. A massage woulld do you wonders if you can go out of your house.

Watch soothing movies, listen to calming music or come here to distract yourself from the anxiety and the way time seems to stand still while you're going through this. Try not to dwell on - why did I put myself through this again? It took me many many times before I broke the opiate cycle. Be kind to yourself now and just get through the physical part and then you can come up with a plan so you never have to go through this again. But that's too much to think about right now. Make yourself as comfortable as possible. Prayers to you. I remember.....
Old 06-07-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thx for the quick posts. Thx Bostonluv for the advice, I'm trying to take it as easy as I can. I know what to expect, just hoping it isn't as bad as before. In any case, I know opiate wd shouldn't be underrated and its gonna take time. I also know that I need to be more involved in my recovery this time. Starting to feel very anxious...a sleepless night awaits
Old 06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Taybre.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please see a doctor an be upfront about what you're going through. Withdrawals are nothing to full around with. I suspect your previous detox was at a facility where your vital signs were monitored?

I do want to encourage you to tough it out. Sobriety is worth it. Addiction is a progressive illness that can only get worse, never better. Your courage is inspiring. My experience is that of withdrawal from a massive daily dosage of Klonopin, 20 milligrams a day, and I thought I could tough it out. I ended up in the hospital. Opiates are hell, Benzos are lava.

Please stick with it! Please see a doctor if you can get out of the house. And please remember that you never, ever have to go through this again.