Notices

Completed Day 4 Productive and Happy!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Completed Day 4 Productive and Happy!!!

I had a wonderful weekend. Day 1 was Thursday, June 2. I have had many, many urges but no sips!!! I have stayed busy and tried to keep my mind occupied and my hands busy. I relocated my computer to my living room and out of my rec room. Cleaned my house from top to bottom, eviscerating my bedroom and doing up summer laundry. Shaved, which I seldom do anymore. Repaired and tuned-up a mower that wasn't working before today and cut my grass with it. Then I rewarded all of that by serving up homemade chicken Parmesan with linguine in a sun-dried tomato cream sauce for dinner, along with scalloped artichokes and garlic bread. I've done lots of reading and a little posting here on SR. All in all, staying busy has helped, but my cravings are strong at their normal times. It's amazing to take stock of what triggers there are. Cooking an Italian meal without downing 2 bottles of wine was surprisingly difficult. Also missed my beers while I was working outside. Hopefully the sweats won't be too strong tonight. But I will be crashing soon. Thanks to all for your posts and comments! This is a wonderful tool for staying strong!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

keep it up, CallMeComplex !

D
Old 06-06-2011, 01:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Just hang in there. Do what ever it takes. It gets easier.

Have you read about "urge surfing" can't recall where I read it but it helped

Instant (day 22)
Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

urge surfing would be a good title for it. I have been hitting the site whenever I crave. I feel like I am so committed it is making it easier, I had a long discussion with my wife before I quit. We talked about her feelings about my drinking and about how far I have fallen and where I'm headed yet. The sweats are killing me I'm on day 6 and they became the most intense yet last night. Several rounds of waking up. Sometimes I get up and click around the site. It helps. My biggest key it reminding myself WHY I need to be sober. Because before I just didn't care.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi CallMeComplex! I was glued to this site my first couple of weeks. I did exactly the same as you, read and read until the urge to drink passed. I'm still here a year later, and still sober. You can do this!

Your dinner sounds Delicious!! I'd love the recipe for scalloped artichokes!!!! YUM

Best Wishes To You!