Notices

Triggers Triggers Everywhere

Old 06-04-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Triggers Triggers Everywhere

Ugh Day 12 here.. In AA..dude my job takes me around drinking and festivals and today was ROUGh.. BEAUTIFUL women drinking and offering me drinks and ALL I wanted was to drink and drug..BUT yet I dont..I know its just habit but damn.. I know if I have ONE drink..BOOM rite back to the madness..and believe me..it was madness..fo real. SO I left the triggerville rode home asap and am here typing.. ALSO made some good food..the whole HALT thing is huge.. I would drink all night and not eat a thing but now I freak out if I dont have like..food around me all the time! ANYWAY headed to a meeting in an hour... my 10th in 9 days.. I know I could have done this w-o AA but it would have been HELL. The fellowshio helps ME SO MUCH.. knowing all these pple "get" me..
this sh#t is tough yo..aint playin this is rough. But I know it will pass..Ill do a meeting..have some fresh tacos and Ill be back proud of myself again..that does not stop the cellular desire to get a room at the W on this HOT summer night..order a bottle of Whiskey and a big pile of blow and stay inside for 48 hours with an amazing female....UGHGHG..(sorry) OK.. thanks all for reading and who knows maybe ive helped someone still suffering thats reading these posts..like I did for so long. All I have to do to make my life 100% better is not drink...I can DO this. i dont wanna go back...damn ive never even ridden a fast motorcycle...OK..ugh..my first F-ing emotocon btw
Old 06-04-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

haha, I found it ironic that I find your post triggering, the description of what you'd like to do.

I'm glad you are holding strong, HALT is very important, so is finding new playthings, playmates and play grounds. I hope a less triggerful line of work comes your way.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I went to the grocery store today and felt the same way, the only difference is there weren't any good looking guys! LOL BUT my gawd if there wasn't a wine display at every isle!!!! WTF??? I mean I felt like I was running through the store just to finish. And this was after an AA meeting. I feel you're pain! I can't even go on FB anymore without seeing some sort of ad for alcohol on the right. Never noticed that until I realized how messed up I was and started AA. 22 days here.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can't childproof my world against alcohol. All of life is a trigger. I need to be relieved from the obsession from the inside, not deprived of alcohol from the outside. A spiritual awakening as a result of working the twelve steps has removed any and all desire for me to drink. I have not sworn off. I am not fighting temptation. Susan
Old 06-04-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep. I have to stay away from all those triggers. Hot women and alcohol have been an addiction to me for the last 12 years. Even if I don't drink, it is still unhealthy and a step back in recovery when I'm around those drinking situations. I'm at the point that if a hot girl wanted to hangout and drink it would be an absolute no. So why would I even be around them?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Try keeping in balance with the Serenity Prayer...
Old 06-04-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Triggerman

Thanks all.. good meeting not great..one of the first hot sexy nights in the city and EVERYONE it seems..is out of doors so only 5 of us in a beginners meeting..The healing energy though in the AA room.. as always..took some crystals and charged them during the meeting..the fellowship took me down a few..ahh.. now home with a new book, a cold Horchata, and chocolate..oh sweet chocolate.. looking frwd to a early day tomorrow AM..a little work, a little barefoot longboard skateboarding..a meeting with my sponsor..and a nice dinner..whirrled peas ya'll and THANKS
Old 06-05-2011, 12:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

I need to remind myslef that there are many things, people and situations that are not triggers. I am thinking that alcohol has stolen these associations, and has no right to claim them.