Notices

Surgery on June 8th. Any advice?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Surgery on June 8th. Any advice?

First off if this is in the wrong section. Mods are more than welcome to move it.

Secondly I'm having surgery this coming wednesday on June 8th. I have an obstructed UPJ which basically means there's a "kink" in the tube that goes from my kidney to my bladder. It causes my kidney to swell and causes extreme physical pain.

Anyway I'm afraid of the medications and the bordem that will ensue from not being able to do much after this surgery.

I have 13 months clean from heroin and work a 12 step program. I make meetings regularly and work the the 12 steps of NA.

I don't want pain meds but I also dont want to be in pain and suffer. If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone has had this surgery I would also like to know how it went.

Thank you
Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Acole

I have no experience myself, but I think the best advice anyone can offer is to talk to your Dr honestly and openly about your past history, and discuss your options.

If it's determined that narcotics are the only viable treatment, I know a lot of ppl here have had someone in their life that they trust hold the pills for them while they convalesce.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery
D