Notices

24!

Old 06-03-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

24!

Good morning friends, well is day 24 and by God I started it out right by getting up and going for my walk. I missed it yesterday. Was in a bad way. I have lots of house chores to keep me busy today plus hubby is coming home tonight. Whew! I did yoga on Tues. a.m. Missed wed as I was very sore, missed yesterday as I had a root canal. Yep that was such fun for me. lol! But was first time to ever have extensive dental work without anything but ice and ibuprofin, and ya know what?! It works! lol! YAY! As my drug of choice was prescription pain meds that started with a back injury many yrs ago. I'd gone 3 1/2 yrs without a pain pill so far. That's when I was told about Suboxome, that was supposedly to help me get off pain pills. Well it worked alright. But was seeing the wrong Dr. for it. He allowed me to stay on the crap over 3 yrs! Is only supposed to be short term. But then again, had it been short term I may have relapsed back into the other, cause I'm an addict. It's always been ALL or nothing for me. I usually chose the ALL til it hurt so bad I had to take the stuff just to function. Started breaking little pieces of the suboxome and taking more every now and then. It has a little analgesic in it also, just to keep the cravings down for the other. BULL! I can now say I will never touch another opiate. And yes all...I'm saying NEVER! I am now 54 and have had addiction issues since I was 15. Am taking an anti depressant and have been for yrs. If anyone out there has heard of this new medication and is considering trying it, I highly recommend you have a good Dr. that will monitor you much closer than mine did! Is very addictive. I felt terrible coming off those. Was only on like 2-3 mg daily too! Be cautious! But thought it was ok since I was always chasing that pain pill dragon for yrs, always running out. Going from dr to dr., etc. Whew! So very thankful I came to my senses when I did. I'm also very thankful to have a place to come for inspiration and getting to write down my thoughts and feelings to share with y'all. Have a great wknd my friends. One day, one moment at a time. Positive thoughts! Love~
Old 06-03-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad your dental pain was not too bad SIB.
Have a good weekend

D