full circle

Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

full circle

AH and I work in the same field and our offices work closely together. The rumors he started about me having an affair (while he was actually the one cheating) have come full circle. Yes- I heard it today in my own office. I want to crawl into a hole and die.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is your husband? Meggie, ask yourself, why are you accepting this treatment? How would you feel if someone was treating your best friend or your sister this way? What would you tell her to do?

While there's not much, short of a lawsuit, that you can do about the mental midget's behavior. There is a LOT you CAN do! You can set boundaries about the kind of treatment you are willing to accept from the people in your life. And you can enforce the consequences for violating your boundaries. If you don't like how he's treating you, you can change your situation.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
That $ounds like defamation of character to me. Cha-ching!
OK....this almost made me snort coffee through my nose today! :rotfxko

Those that really know you, won't believe it. Those who believe it don't matter and aren't worth thinking about!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree so much with Hydrogirl. I learned a long time ago to hold my head high, be the best person I knew how to be, and not give a hoot about what people "thought".

I love to "air" stuff like this. With something said loudly like "I WISH MY LIFE WAS HALF AS EXCITING AS RUMOURS WOULD HAVE IT BE".

But the right thing to do is probably exactly what you are doing, carry on with grace and the heck with gossip.

Hugs
Old 06-02-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My rah & I own several businesses together. For several years of his addiction, that I was not aware of, he let one employee get by with unbelievable things. We almost divorced over this. But she had his number & I did enough research to find that she had stolen over 20k from us in 5 yrs. I had been screaming this for the last 3 yrs & nobody listened. Had my husband not been high on opiates he would have caught it.
I fired her and exposed her as the liar, cheat & manipulator she was.
It was a very liberating moment for me.
It was amazing the lies she had told our employees about me, that came out after I fired her.
Addiction affects our lives in every aspect!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love to tell people, I wish I was half as exciting as ppl like to make me out to be. My ah however, always comes out as the "good guy". Oh well the truth finally comes out!