Notices

any advice?

Old 05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

any advice?

I guess i should explain everything. my name is andrea and i started using over a year ago. I only use oxy and i wa taking up to 4 60mgs a day. i quit once before last october. i didnt use for 3 months and in january i bean again. i thought i could keep a handle on it, only using every now and then, but of course it swallowed up up. i quit yesterday in a tearfillled confession to my fiance who is pissed at me. so today is day one. since i did DT cold turkey before i know whats in store. i feel like i want to jump out of my skin. iyou guys have any yips on hw to stay clean and how to overcome the withdrawls im gamw to hear it. thanks
Old 05-31-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Meetings, that was the only way I could stay clean. I couldn't do it alone. I wish there was a secret, but there isn't. It took hard work.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well i will have to find out where the meetings are. i just moved to upstate ny. i finally told my fiance so i wont be alone anymore about it. its just so hard. my skins crawling and my stomach is turning. how long does this last?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Andrea,

I'm sorry you're going through this, but it's great that you're seeking help.

My advice is that you will need to make some big changes in your life along with stopping taking the drugs. I hope you keep reading and posting.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

absolutely. ive already started to tell everyone and all that. im scared of what my father will say so i dont know if im going to tell him. im so exhausted but i cant sleep. this is so hard
Old 05-31-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Andrea, don't worry too much about telling everyone if it's stressful, just focus on yourself and getting through the day.

You can do this!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Andrea...glad you're here.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Andrea! So sorry you're having to go through this, but glad to hear you've made the decision to get clean.... There's a lot of help on the Substance Abuse section about oxy use/withdrawals:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hang in there and take it one minute at a time..... it will get better.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Andrea,

Sorry you are having such a difficult time. I am sure your fiance was worried about you, good for you for telling him. I hope he is there to help you through this. You may want to call your doctor to see if they have a suggestion for getting through the beginning period.

I am on Day 11 without alcohol, and this site has been my lifeline. Welcome, and keep posting and reading, it has helped me get through these beginning days, and I know it will help me continue to stay away from alcohol.

Good luck, thinking about you!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Andrea! I never did many opiates - booze was my demon, but recovery is recovery... My advice would be to just really try and focus on you. Telling people can come later, much later as a matter of fact. I would google NA and your zip code together. That should lead you in the right direction.

Seeing a Dr. is probably a good idea. I was very open and honest with my Dr. when I quit drinking and it was very helpful. You'll find a lot of support here. For me, I failed every single time when I tried to do this on my own. I had to find people that knew what I was going through, I found that here and in AA. I'm sure you can found what I did in NA.

Alcoholics / addicts can help other like minded people is such a different way than others. I also find they are so much more sincere and willing to help than others as well.

Best of luck to you!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Andrea!

D
Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 2. Last night was tough. Air conditioning was cold yet the sweats continued. I'm shaking now too. Fortunately mo stomach pains, and I didn't have any last tome. Maybe it's cause u didn't take so many Oxy's when I was taking. My fiancé is still really mad, so I'm trying to keep sane buts it's real hard. I know that in done with the pills, I can just feel it because I can see clear.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just keep doing what you are doing, you can always confide in people here, noone judges and you'll get lots of great support, something you will need to succeed. Your fiance will come round in his own time, you have to focus on you to succeed. Best of luck!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Do take a look at that link for the substance abuse forum. Lots of support and good info there.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Tho it's only been a few days I'm feeling a bit better physically. Tho I do have my moments. My fiancée is being pretty great to me today so it definitely raises my spirits. I'm hanging in there and every hour that goes by I seem to gather more strength physically but especially emotionally. Ty all for the support.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
2L8

Stay strong! I was hooked on Lortabs for about 3 mos a few years ago. I had a bad sprain and my md kept prescribing them like they were candy. My wife finally became fed up with watching me pop 2-3 pills every few hours and hid them on me. She also threatend to call my family and primary doctor if I tried to get a refill or went back on them. I committed to breaking the habit and went through what you're going through for about a week. I did feel a little better after 3-4 days but had restless/aching legs for a week or better. Hang in there, you can do it!