Notices

361 People online...

Old 05-28-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

361 People online...

only 52 registered...

Glad you are all here!! This is a safe place, well moderated and everyone is treated pretty well... So come on in and register and introduce yourself... It's Saturday nite on the unofficial start of summer... start something new!!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember "kicking the tires" around this site for a while before registering. I'm pretty sure I registered when I was drunk on night. Thank god I did. I have not been drunk it a long while and hope to keep it up.

For anyone just checking us out, just know you're welcomed and we want nothing but the best for you. Helping you, helps us!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm amazed at how many guests are viewing at any given time - so many more than are actually registered. If they all took a leap and registered in one go, it would ROCK! All those people with this amazing support network, 24/7.

I've noticed quite a few newbies in the six weeks I've been here, and I'm realizing it's quite a merry go round of faces, not everyone sticks, which is a shame when their stories touch your soul and you are left wondering and hoping they are well and happy, and most importantly, sober. I have to let go of the worry that if they disappear from here it doesn't necessarily mean they are face down in the gutter or sobbing alone in a dark room about everything they've lost.

Always nice to see my old regular favorites every day though
Old 05-28-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Thanks for illuminating this SR reality, Mark. I'm especially mindful of the "tire kickers" when anti-program (e.g. anti-'AA') chatter rears its ugly head. Luckily, this does not seem a frequent occurence.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Yep. I remember being scared to death to sign in here. Not sure why.

And now, look at me....I can't shut up!

Newbies....c'mon in!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
only 52 registered...

Glad you are all here!! This is a safe place, well moderated and everyone is treated pretty well... So come on in and register and introduce yourself... It's Saturday nite on the unofficial start of summer... start something new!!
Hi Peeps, yeah knocking round this sate for a while, and do get good reading.
Question may i ask, at the high point of you drinking, you guys and not to foget the dolls, what was your unit intake of alcohol, now in the states is it diff from the Uk ???
Old 05-28-2011, 09:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am glad I regsitered! I feel slightly obsessive reading and posting, but it is a nice feeling to have a group of people who understand where I am because each person is either in the beginning like me, or they have been there. Thanks for making me feel welcome!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I first discovered this site when I was drunk...I think.

Didn't register until way after that. Glad I did, though.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to anybody just lurking and reading

D
Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Awe don't be shy...C'Mon in!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I lurked for a while too. My first post was to say what a great site SR was, and how well the mods do at eliminating flaming, etc. Then I got around to telling my story. I'd be lost without SR.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

SR and our members? .......

If you are reading here because you are seeking info for yourself or concerns about your loved ones situations....we are here 24/7.
I've been a member for almost 9 years...it's a vital part of my life.

Come join us for support....
Old 05-29-2011, 01:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

In most of the US, with the exception of PST it's past midnight, where I'm originally from it's 0415. At this time, there are over 10 times as many visitors as registered folk!

Thing is, they aren't all necessarily 'guests', some could be registered and simply not logging in. I sometimes wonder though, who are all these 'guests'? What are their stories?

Last thought, not sure who steered me here but after a quick glance around I registered, desperately 'needing' the support at that time, and of course I still 'need' the support today. This is a great forum!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I love this place! It's my 'home within a home' on my desk. I always feel safe and welcome here.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mubu View Post
I am glad I regsitered! I feel slightly obsessive reading and posting, but it is a nice feeling to have a group of people who understand where I am because each person is either in the beginning like me, or they have been there. Thanks for making me feel welcome!
I am kind of obsessed with this site as well. I am on every day at least 3 times a day. I lurked for a couple of months. I finally decided I wanted to quit. It was that or loose everything including my life. I love this place. So many kind people. Strange to know that perfect strangers care so much for me. I know I am not alone.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ALF

Hi Guys,
I registered a while back. Don't post much, but read alot. I've been on and off drinking over the past few months, but am now on day 14. My problem is cooking and drinking. When I open the fridge to get something out to slice or dice, etc., I grab a brewski too. Been on this site a lot the last couple of weeks and it has really helped me through the temptations. Thanks to all.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you posting again ALF - congratulations on the 2 weeks

D
Old 05-29-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I don't even remember what my name means.... definitely wasted when I registered here! Now years later (but just 9 mos sober) I can vouch for what an awesome place this is.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

SR has been a great resource and am grateful every day I am sober. Have learned alot, read and posted and it has been a lifeline for me; thank you SR.

Welcome all...SR is a safe place for wonderful support.