Notices

Hey everybody, newbie

Old 05-27-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Hey everybody, newbie

Just wanted to say hello. Today is day 9 sober, hoping to keep it up. Haven't call AA yet. Not sure how that works.....
Old 05-27-2011, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Shizimtryin

I'm not in AA either but you could google your local AA office and speak to someone there or you could google AA meetings in your area and just turn up

You'll find a lot of support here too

D
Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BHF

Welcome to the SR forum and congrats on 9 days. I strongly suggest that you look into AA. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to ask here or on the 12 step board.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ya, think I need to look into AA. Twenty plus years of boozin heavy is enough. So tired of perma red face. Going in the morning for blood workup to see what damage Ive done, hoping for the best. Hope to be done with booze.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I go to 3 - 4 AA meetings per week although I'm only 14 days sober! BUT I've said it before and I guess I'm saying it again, I've never had so many strangers show me so much kindness and understanding in my life! It's the safest place for me and I've made great friends.

At the meeting tonight I admitted that I'm having a hard time staying away from a drink because of the long festive weekend. And they spent the entire meeting telling me about their experience and ways to effectively get through it. I'm like, now who else would do this for me??? Not anyone I know... I can't say enough about how important AA is. Welcome and I'm so happy for you!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You have two days on me. Good luck this weekend, I haven't gone to a meeting yet either. I have looked up locations and charted out a few in the area, but haven't gone yet.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love your screen-name Shiz! Your voice really comes out in the posts you've put up so far!!! I commend you on your 9th day, and I also know that weekends like this are tough on people, myself included. I am planning on feeding family, a few friends and of course myself this weekend as I focus on reaching the big 14 and 21 day marks that will be after this holiday weekend. I am currently on 10 going into 11 days, isn't it so awesome that we can soon start counting in weeks rather than days? Find something you enjoy doing this weekend and do it! You deserve to reward yourself with something fun for your efforts!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hey I hear ya on the whole holiday weekend thing!

I am currently on day 10, and terrified about this weekend .

Hopefully well both be back tuesday and well no matter what happens for me I will be back here it has been a safe haven

Peace, Dylan
Old 05-27-2011, 09:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Me too, I am on Day 7, and worried about this weekend. I am heading to bed soon, I have spent most of the night on this site.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community....

I use our site as a supplement to my local AA committment..both are vital for my growing and enjoying recovery...

You can find all sorts of info .includeing on how to find a meeting on the link below

Alcoholics Anonymous :

Thanks for joining with us..we are open 24/7 to give you support....
Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
I go to 3 - 4 AA meetings per week although I'm only 14 days sober! BUT I've said it before and I guess I'm saying it again, I've never had so many strangers show me so much kindness and understanding in my life! It's the safest place for me and I've made great friends.

At the meeting tonight I admitted that I'm having a hard time staying away from a drink because of the long festive weekend. And they spent the entire meeting telling me about their experience and ways to effectively get through it. I'm like, now who else would do this for me??? Not anyone I know... I can't say enough about how important AA is. Welcome and I'm so happy for you!
That has been my experience as well. Very supportive, full of good advice, and most of all a solution for alcoholism.

It's worked for me!

Best of luck and congrats on 9 days!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on the 9 days.