Notices

Second weekend

Old 05-27-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
instant

Second weekend

Saturday morning of my second weekend. I spent the first weekend going a more physical experience. I sucked sweets last night, and now I am up with the birds. It's so ordinary, but I am so grateful and feel an underlying excitement.

I am starting to think about the "slips" that have led me back to drinking I have had before. Some of these I have gone into various varieties of "i can handle this moderation thing etc', other rationalisations. For the last year a bit of a mixture of 'stuff it" arrogance, fear of giving it another go and failing again, and being plain tired.

I am starting to think about those "insane" moments that precede relapse. I have learnt a lot reading some of the personal stories in the big book. I do tend to over-think things but as hard as it is to get where I am I know there are dangers ahead.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This will be my first weekend sober if i make it. i just cant do anything where those triggers are. i hope i have the strengh to do it.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck to both of you. This is my first Friday night. Last Friday was my last day drinking. I am hoping it gets easier.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there & it does get easier.