Al-anon meetings hard to find!

Old 05-27-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Al-anon meetings hard to find!

Wow! I have been having so much trouble getting anywhere with meetings in Monroe County Michigan. After trying to get to a meeting this morning only to find no one there, I would like to try and call someone before I try the next meeting. I am willing to go out of the county but I was trying to find one closer first. I have tried 3 "Al-Anon" numbers and all 3 were disconnected. Is there anyone here in the Monroe Michigan area that can help me? I have a headache from staring at my computer screen all day. Thanks for any help! I am ready to get to an al-anon meeting asap. Time to get me fixed while my hubby is fixing himself.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AlAnon meetings are hard to find here in the very southern part of Illinois too. I live in a rural area with limited everything..lol. I know that attending a meeting in person is the best way, but there are online AlAnon chat meetings and also telephone AlAnon meetings. I found both, although I can't find the telephone Alanon meeting again. Good luck!!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Also, you can call the local AA number listed in the White Pages as many times those 'manning' the phones will know where the 'active' AlAnon meetings are or will know of someone who does.

Hope that helps also.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-27-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the responses. I had been to an al-anon meeting 3 years ago in a near by town and I happened to see it on the list I found. So I figured I would go back hoping it was still going! It was!!! Not only did I attend the meeting, it was an AA/AL-ANON meeting with an Al-Anon speaker. Everyone was friendly and the speaker was so helpful. I am so glad I didn't just give up out of frustration and decided to try.