I cannot believe what Sonny did

Old 11-20-2003, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cannot believe what Sonny did

I was put in to the hospital last Monday. Chest pains..shortness of breath..the whole bit. It was not my heart..but an infection in my lungs. Okay..nuff said about that. I am fine and back at work today...but while I was in there..my sweet sonny came to my room...he had called the house and my youngest kiddo told him I was hospitalized...easy enough to find me...Anywho I woke up from a deep sleep to find Sonny going through my purse in the closet. I thought it was someone from the night shift...so I call out and tell them to get out of the closet while pushing the call button for the nurse..He straightens up and turns around..and there you are...bold as brass is my Sonny...holding my wallet. He got 10.00 dollars out and kissed me on the cheek as he was leaving the room. I had to ask the nursing staff to keep him out of the hospital for the rest of the time I was there. I could NOT believe that I had to ban my kid from a public hospital for heaven's sake.

I swear this is something from a class B movie or Lifetime movie of the week. I am horrified that he did this...
Old 11-20-2003, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Loving Mom

If it wasn't so darn sad, it would almost be funny. My son too has stooped to very low levels to steal from me in the past, but I do believe that your son takes the prize.

That is absolutely the lowest and I don't know about you, but that would be the last penny he ever got from me for anything EVER. Change your locks, change your phone number and cut this guy off.

Pheww - that's twice today I have blown a gasket.

And more importantly, I am very happy that you are feeling better and that it wasn't even more serious. Look after YOU because you are worth it.

Hugs and an extra one for surviving this
Ann
Old 11-20-2003, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Now THATS an addict.

Like a restraining order-type addict.

Or a call some really big guys to beat his ass kind of addict.

A file a police report kind of addict.

The type of addict who, just like me, will keep doing and keep hurting for as long as we can get away with it.

Detachment doesnt mean allowing people to **** on us.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Responsible Girl

Ann's right- if it weren't so damn sad, it would almost be funny. I can picture the little hunchback troll with his tail switching and horns glowing, rummaging through your purse in the closet, only to swivel around when you yell at him and look at you with the beady evil eyes with no pupils, drooling at the whole ten dollars he scored from your purse. The he limps to your hospital bed, wipes the drool from his chin with the back of a scaly, unkempt, dirty-fingernailed hand, plants a slobbery kiss on your cheek, and scurries out of the room to find the nearest bar, oblivious to the nurses and security guards running down the hall after him with billy clubs.

(Did I at least make you smile?)

That was horrible what he did. You get the Crappy Addict of the Week Award.

Keep your head up, your doors locked, and a chokehold on your purse from now on...
Old 11-20-2003, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mom.

I'm glad you're well enough to be back at work.

The difficult circumstances that others experience don't seem to have a lot of effect of the behavior of an addict. The fact that you were in a hospital was just logistics to him. That's where he could find you... and your wallet. His tunnel vision is focused on how he gets his next hit/fix/drink.

I know how horrible it is to see someone you love that far gone. I hope this incident helps give you the strength to take care of you.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 11-20-2003, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Loving Mom

I am so sorry that you have been sick. I'm glad that you are on the mend. That was an awful thing that your son did. I think sometimes we Anon's have to endure things like this to really see them for what they are. That doesn't make it hurt any less however.
I'm sure in the best part of his heart, your son loves you. Unfortunately, his addiction isn't listening to his heart at the moment. I will say a prayer that there can someday be a healing between you two.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 11-20-2003, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You mean he didnt even come to vist. He just figured youd be sick and he could sneak in and steal your money. EEEEEWWWWWW.

Sometimes Ive had a twinge cause I couldnt have kids. I dont think I want any now if theryre gonna act like that.

Your a nice person and a good Mom. I cant believe he wasnt even embarrassed.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have some stories in my life that beat any Lifetime movie.....used to actually watch them to find one worse! LOL*

You have good spirit. Detachment with love is, in some ways, easier for me with my son. I got the love part down pat for sure. The detachment part I work on. What I like most is that when I get there........it's very good stuff.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Holy COW

I have to agree with Mindy. You get the Crappy Addict of the Week award. I'll have to check with the Powers that BE, but you might even get a tiara with that.

Ann? MG? JT?

O59
Old 11-23-2003, 10:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

loving mom,

So glad to hear your feeling better and on the mend...

I am soo very sorry to hear about your son....oh that I could come up with wise words of wisdon for you to mend your heart....the others above me pretty much said it all...It is so hard some times to separate the disease from the addict... Some times I have to detach with anger before I can detach with love...

Take cae and know you are loved...
Old 11-23-2003, 07:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Definitely worthy of a tiara.....the "Tiara of Tolerance" for recognizing what a sick cookie he is and not jumping out of bed and whacking him with your purse and for not throwing your bedpan at him full force. You get the Tiara, Sceptre and Regal Robe....

Old 11-24-2003, 06:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh my...well I feel the love....and the laughter. I truly do try and keep my wits about me...but truly...I thought I was being robbed by a stranger..and maybe I was. Cause this person who is now my Sonny..is a total stranger to me. I accept your crown and septer and cloak..and will wear it with pride. As I walk through my life..day to day...I will imagine the crown sitting on my head, so that when my boss looks down on me today she will see jewels where she normally sees nothing worth noting. I will wear the cloak around my shoulders as a sorce of warmth on this chilly Texas day and imagine the hugs that my room-mates would normally be sending my way. I will carry the septer so that those that attempt to step in my selfdiscovery path...will get a good KOONK. Thank you all for the tools of selfworth. LOL
Old 11-24-2003, 06:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

sonnys mom

I read your story and it brought back memories of a son who took from me the sameway.He never gave back and nothing was safe if i wasn't around . There was no answer. And still isn't . The only thing now is he no longer lives at home and only gets into my house when i'm there. An addicted son will take what he needs to feed his habit. I find this very sad. Here is a hug.