Notices

follow-up

Old 05-25-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

follow-up

Thank you very much everybody for your kindness and for taking the time to respond to my earlier post. I did call a local suicide hotline and talked to a couple of relatives too. I guess this is common for people early in recovery, to be so depressed?

I know that what I have been doing isn't working. My drug of choice is pain pills. I've been off them about two weeks now but I think I've just been white-knuckling it. I feel very isolated in my recovery and it's very hard to imagine ever feeling any better, hence the suicide attempt.

I'm very glad to have found SR. Thank you very much for being here! SR gives me something to look forward to, and I don't feel as all alone. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just wanted to add that today is day 2 of my sobriety though I've been off the pain pills about 2 weeks!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's an amazing achievement, well done - I'm new here like you but this really is a good place, lots of support from kind people who understand.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jennybeth, thanks for letting us know! Thanks for taking the step of reaching out both to SR and to the suicide hotline!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's good news.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in, I'm glad you found some help!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jennybeth, I too am glad you are still with us! I read your other thread. You are NOT alone. Please post here and go to the chat room whenever you are feeling rotten. We are all on a difficult journey and know the loneliness and dispair that you can feel. Looks like all the smart, supportive, wonderful peeps here took care of you. I'm so glad I found this place. Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yea more Sunshine

I am so glad to hear you did what you did !!

I just posted on your other page so I guess the only thing to say is Good Job and keep on going foward !!

Peace, Dylan
Old 05-25-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jennybeth View Post
Thank you very much everybody for your kindness and for taking the time to respond to my earlier post. I did call a local suicide hotline and talked to a couple of relatives too. I guess this is common for people early in recovery, to be so depressed?

I know that what I have been doing isn't working. My drug of choice is pain pills. I've been off them about two weeks now but I think I've just been white-knuckling it. I feel very isolated in my recovery and it's very hard to imagine ever feeling any better, hence the suicide attempt.

I'm very glad to have found SR. Thank you very much for being here! SR gives me something to look forward to, and I don't feel as all alone. Thanks!
Have you considered talking to your doctor about antidepressants? You don't have to be on them forever. I have been put on them for a short period of time. It has helped me tremendously with the anxiety and depression that goes along with becoming sober. The ones that I am on have very little side effects and do not make me a zombie. I still cry, I still have normal anxiety. But not to the extent I feel completely hopeless. It levels me out. Do consider it. As I said before, you don't have to be on them long term. Just long enough to get you through these difficult times. Definitely talk to your doctor. Stay strong. Visit this site frequently. It has helped me. Good luck and congrats on day 2.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Wow, I just read your initial postabout this and was tearin up with sadness for you.Now I am tearin up with joy you did something. Keep it up. It will get better.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling better JennyBeth.

D