Notices

So mad at myself!

Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So mad at myself!

Please forgive me for I need to vent.
I am so mad at myself right now. The wife (who moved out 3 weeks ago) has been having troubles with her car. I told her I would work on it if see bought the parts. Money is tight. So she gives me $400 for that and some other stuff (bills). I put the money in my day planner so as to not loss it. I put all the important stuff in there just so things are organized and in one place. Well, I go to work and take it with me. I set it down on the table in the break room while having coffee, and forget it when I go back to work!... After about an hour back to work it hits me what Ive done. I panic. I rush to the break room. There sit my day planner. Good. I notice the zipper wasnt closed. I look inside.. and the money is gone. I felt the blood rush from my face. I am so mad at myself. I feel like I have a hole in my stomach. I feel like I want to punch a wall. Im not normally a violet person (unless Ive been drinking that is) but if I could find the person who stole my money, I would probably break his jaw. How could I be so stupid? So careless? That was a lot of money!

Well. That didnt work. Im still angry. Thanks for letting me vent anyway.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry this has happened. Maybe you could ask around? Maybe someone would feel bad and return it...I know I'm being seriously optimistic...
Old 05-23-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened to you.

It's sad when you work with people that you can't trust.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Any chance there's a security cam in the break room?
Old 05-23-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that had to happen and not everyone is honest. But on the flip side, why the heck would you bring it all to work and leave it?

You could put a sign up that reads: Money Stolen. Detectives will be here Friday for lie detector testing. Return before prosecuted.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BHF

Sorry it happened...Glad I don't have to explain it to her.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by 3steeds View Post
... I set it down on the table in the break room while having coffee, and forget it when I go back to work!... After about an hour back to work it hits me what Ive done. I panic. I rush to the break room. There sit my day planner. Good. I notice the zipper wasnt closed. I look inside.. and the money is gone...
If you look at this situation from the perspective of a victim, it will make you sick. If you look at this from the perspective of a student, it will help you get well.

The Chinese use the same word for calamity and opportunity both. Why, because it can be looked at as a cup half-empty or a cup half-full. If you use this situation as an exercise in personal inventory, you will see there is a part that you alone are responsible for.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that happened to you, but please don't drink because of it. Drinking won't bring the money back.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Been Down.

I've had similar things happen and it's very distressing - but I agree with Zebra - drinking on top of it only made me feel worse and increased my self loathing.

D
Old 05-23-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone and no, I havent told her yet. She gave me the money so its not on her anymore. Its all on me. I will find a way to make up the difference somehow. Yes there is a camera, but it points in the other direction. She gave me the money just before I went to work. Strange how the chinese view it as the same. I can just picture in my mind the look on the thiefs face. An extra payday for a dishonest person. I guess thats how the world works though. It doesnt pay to be stupid. Its not going to make me drink though. Thats why I had to vent. Thanks. But Im still mad as hell.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I agree with putting up a sign. Seriously. They can bring the money to an HR person or someone like that who wouldn't be able to reveal who it is. Do something about it. Even if the money doesn't turn up, at least you tried. This makes me angry too!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

so sorry for your loss.
i to would be absolutely livid with myself.
but also want to maim however took the money..
hopefully your anger will subside and you can chalk it up to experience..
the money is probably gone....but look at it this way?
if it cost you $400.00 to quit drinking then thats a really good deal.
just a thought
Old 05-24-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this 3steeds. Life is NOT fair, I have learned that in my work--people do not behave with honesty and integrity, that's just the way it is. And it is so hard to accept that other people are so dishonest.

But man, do we get a lesson in acceptance when getting sober, and my therapist said to me about a situation going on now, what purpose is your rage serving. I think he was getting at...your rage is only hurting you. Don't you hate when you have to deal with that? I do. But here we are. And not drinking.