Support on SR

Old 05-23-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Support on SR

Just wanted to let you all know how 'supported' I feel on SR at the moment. I haven't been posting an awful lot but have been getting great pleasure out of reading threads, particularly the Quacking one.

I am currently separated from my AH of 23yrs but cohabiting until I can find a nice place of my own. I have put in a couple of rental applications in the past week and one of them will be perfect, so keeping my fingers crossed that I am approved. It will be the first time that I have lived on my own in my life (45), but really looking forward to the peace.

My life is getting more fulfilling the further I go in focusing on me and detaching from my AH. I joined an acapella choir after going to Al-anon for a few months and this keeps me really busy and laughing with the friends that I have made. We are even flying down to Melbourne, Australia soon for a choir festival. I am loving life at the moment and really excited about my future.

Anyway, as many of you will know, its quite a painful period with lots of emotions to go through, although I am feeling good about my decision to leave. I am loving the quacking thread, as it is helping me to focus on why I am leaving, so that I dont get distracted. I cant believe the bull***t I listened too and put up with for 23yrs. Now I find it so funny, its ridiculous.

A big thank you to SR for keeping me on track. I am so glad that I found you.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eight Ball View Post

A big thank you to SR for keeping me on track. I am so glad that I found you.
I'm sure glad I found this place too.

Good luck on the apartment. :xfingers:
Old 05-23-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for being part of the SR community. Your posts teach me a lot, and I'm glad you're here.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also am moving out (signed the lease today!!!), but man oh man, was I shitting bricks last week! I am still on the lease in my current apartment, so with an AH who has a very tenuous relationship with work, this could be hazardous to my credit report. But an odd thing happened today, I'd been losing sleep over this question for weeks (months really) and then I sat down today to sign and hand over what was left of my bank account toa perfect stranger and I felt... hopeful.
You just hang in there, girl!!!!
And I also have to say that I've been going to al-anon meeting, but as far as supprt, I feel better here! People actually talk to one another!!!