Notices

This Meditation Reminds Me Of SR!

Old 05-23-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

This Meditation Reminds Me Of SR!

I normally don't type out this meditation to post, it is from Hazelton. It reminds me how SR has saved many lives, and brought them back to life!

A Day At A Time
May 23, 2011
Reflections For The Day

When newcomers to The Program experience the first startling feeling that they're truly among friends,they also wonder -- with almost a sense of terror -- if the feeling is real. Will it last? Those of us who've been in The Program a few years can assure any newcomer at a meeting that it is very real indeed, and that it does last. It's not just another false start, nor just a temporary burst of gladness to be followed, inevitably, by shattering disappointment. Am I convinced that I can have a genuine and enduring recovery from the loneliness of my addiction?

Today I Pray

Please, God, let me not be held back by my fear of recurring loneliness. May I know that the openness which warms me in this group will not suddenly close up and leave me out. May I be patient with my fear, which is swollen with past disappointments and losses. May K know that the fellowship of the group will, in time, convince me that loneliness is never incurable.

Today I Will Remember

Loneliness is curable.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Vic))) - reminds me of SR, too

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy