Notices

Uggggggg.....

Old 05-23-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Uggggggg.....

Good morning, all. Day 2 for me and I still feel pretty rough. Woke up in the middle of the night, laid there praying for God to help me with this battle and finally managed to get back to sleep. Woke up to a bout with trembling, nausea and just no energy. Ugh. I can't believe that I am here again. I guess it's only right, I drank on Friday and Saturday night, so it will take me a couple to get over that.

My plan for today.....move my body to try and push out the toxins. Drink a boat load of water...eat. (Didn't really do much of that yesterday, so I'm sure that my blood sugar is in the toilet). I will also enjoy the sunshine and a beautiful, sober day with my kids.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just do ur best and enjoy today
Old 05-23-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

Physically quitting alcohol

Quitting drinking is dangerous. Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal. Not taking a drink can actually kill a person. These are true statements and you have to realize that if someone is heavily addicted to alcohol then they are in great danger if they suddenly stop drinking alcohol. If this is the case in your situation then you might need to seek immediate medical treatment. If someone stops drinking suddenly and they are starting to shake violently then you need to get them to an emergency room immediately.

Because of this danger, the best option is really to quit drinking in a treatment center or drug rehab facility. There you will be under constant medical care in a supervised detox area. This is the ideal route to go just for the sake of safety alone. Any other method of detox is going to introduce more risk to the person’s health, so ideally you should try to quit drinking at a treatment center.

Basically what happens at a treatment center is that the staff there will monitor your vital signs and give you medication that will keep you from going through several withdrawal symptoms. In some cases the medicine that they give to a person will prevent them from having seizures

I would seeks advice for anyone wishing to quit alcohol.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Professor,

Thank you for your concern, but I am not in the heavily addicted category. Haven't ever drank everyday, just messed up for the weekend. The main reason that I am here is GUILT. I don't like the drinking and I feel guilty about it, so I must stop.

The trembling has stopped. I have had the same problem during an anxiety attack, si I'm not sure if it is from the alcohol or just from me feeling so guilty and stupid. I took some b complex, some magnesium and some sun theanine to relax my nerves. I am very sure that I am also exhausted, this to shall pass

Thanks for worrying and passing on the great info!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Trying: Good to see you on Day Two--same for me. I had a sweaty sleepless night, so I can relate entirely. But even this UGH feeling you talk about is better than a hangover. I know we're going to feel better soon and get stronger. Have a great day--sounds like you have a plan,
Old 05-23-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep your chins up guys.... Remember 1 day at a time and TRY get to AA as soon as possible, it really helps...
Old 05-23-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of the support and kindness. I am really hoping that this feeling passes at some point today. I just feel like I need to be back in bed!

This is just another reason that I need to stop this. I am not good at hangovers and they seem to hit me harder than other people that I know. I am going to remember this feeling. Just sat my kids down and explained to them that I don't want to drink anymore. They were all smiles!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hang in and keep truckin foward lots of fluids and like you said try to eat something.I myself is on day 6 after a very tough first 4 day of hell. So lets just keep it up peace !!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You may want to stop at a CVS and just use one of their BP machines to make sure you are okay. Anyway, I'm glad you are here. And I hope you know we've all felt like you. Took me a week before I could even remotely sleep well. Day 10 here.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you T2DB. This is a very hard thing to kick. I think it might be harder for those of us who are clear alcoholics but don't drink constantly. I find it easier to forget how important avoiding alcohol is because I haven't "bottomed out." It's stupid and the day after we sure get it.

I'm just nine days since my last really serious decision. Hanging in there!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ca**swholesale

Guilt is a very common emotion. Don't beat yourself up with guilt. You have already taken the first step by sharing and asking for help. One day at a time, 24 hours at a time. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't here, stay in the present and ask your higher power for another 24 hours of sobriety. I know you don't want to hear this, but it does get easier.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hi T2DB-

I don't miss those hangover one bit, nor the guilt, shame, and remorse that comes with it. Normal people don't feel this way over and over and each time they drink.

I simply had to change who I was or the same me will drink again and again and again. Maybe this is true with you too?

Kjell~
Old 05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much.

I did check my blood pressure and it was a very normal 109/76. I have been outside in the sun all day working on my mom's yard and it has helped. Just mainly feeling suuuuuuuper tired but I will get some rest tonight.

Kjell-- to some extent, you are absolutely correct. I don't think that I need to change who I am as much as get back to who I am. I think that I have just sort of slid into this drinking thing. I can remember when my husband and I were dating....we played on a pool league at a bar. I would go there, sometimes for 5-6 hours, and have maybe 2 beers. Would drink coffee the rest of the night. No biggie, no guilt. It's not even a problem for me to say no to booze now and I do it plenty. However, even after a night where you have too many with some friends you haven't seen for a long time, I don't believe that the guilt thing is normal. I could be wrong but that is just what I am thinking.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the emotional part of the hangover was the worst for me too.

And, my hangovers tended to worsen as time went on.