Notices

Wasted 4 29 yrs. Trying soberity 1 time

Old 05-22-2011, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Question Wasted 4 29 yrs. Trying soberity 1 time

This is first time I ever posted or tried to be sober by choice or than jail that is. I have been a heavy partier since I was 16 now 39 where did go I dont know. But , I am going on day 5 yesterday was hell.

Day 1 vomit all day and night.no sleep
Day 2 bathroom, bathroom ect.no sleep
Day 3 same as 2 started shaking a little and sweats heart racing. no sleep
Day 4 started same as 3 by the afternoon I was seeing things sweating in big phases, heart thought was going to come out! Just tried to breath since and deep and slow laid down and fell asleep thank somebody. Sleep 12-13 hours and woke up after sweating that whole sleep.Felt little better for a awhile then stumbed on to this site, best stumble I ever had since I was 16 .
Day 5 really shakin but feel much better so far ,be back soon wish me luck
Old 05-22-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wow, sounds like a tough withdrawl...hope you'll be okay. The good thing is, if you stay sober, you'll never have to go through that hell again.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Even after 5 days of withdrawal going to your Doctor is something you should consider. No telling how much damage was caused after all those years of drinking. Heart, liver, kidneys etc. etc., the alcohol takes its toll on everything.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It gets tough but it will pass. Taking in Vitamin B and drinking orange juice will help. In a few days you will feel better. If your worry about the withdrawn they go see a doctor about it. If you can, see your family doctor first before going to the ER, just because of price of the ER if you go there.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

We're glad you're here. Keep coming back.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bud I know just what your going threw. I myself was in those same shoes you are in right now a few weeks ago. Just know that it does get better! You should start telling a sense of calmness after the first week. And when you do, you will feel fantasic mentally! Its like this huge boulder is lifted off your shoulders.

Of course you will still need to fight temptation, but your trust me its SO WORTH IT! Feeling sober after so many years of drinking myself is a far better feeling then being smashed everyday!

-Ryan
Old 05-22-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi there and welcome! Come here day and night! Stay away from the beast! I'm at DAY 9!!! Almost in the double digits! My first time wanting to be sober too! Of course everyone tells you you need to but it's not until you are desperate to stop playing the game that you stop.

Quiet the primitive side of your brain that wants to drink as much as you can with support and love. as others have said - KEEP COMING BACK! :ghug3
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome - Good luck and keep coming :)

Welcome - it really does get better. Keep at it one day at a time.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 05-22-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome to SR

Fifteen years ago at about your age with the about the same time of being an addict I entered recovery. Its been quite a ride since then. A lot of clean/sober time interrupted by varying lengths of returns to my old life. Over all being in recovery has diffidently improved my life far beyond my expectations.

Wishing you well on your road to wellness.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

As others have said, if you have the means to see a doctor and speak about coming off the alcohol, I highly recommend it. But as far as the withdrawals go, I'm very familiar with them, as are many people here. Yep, this can be the last time you ever go through it. The thought alone of having to experience that again is enough to keep me off the bottle. The sweats, inability to sleep...ugh. I just felt really gross.

But after a few days I started feeling a lot better. Within a couple weeks I was sleeping much more soundly and waking up feeling energized and invigorated, ready to tackle the day.

Hang in there; this too shall pass, as all things do. Thanks for joining us! I found this site on the day I knew I could no loner have a relationship with alcohol if I wanted to live a joyous, productive life; been here and booze-free ever since.

I hope Day 6 goes better for you than the previous ones!
Old 05-22-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome IndaMiricale - Congrats on your decision to get sober! Being sober seems strange and scary at first, but each day gets better and better. I hope you feel better soon - that sounds like a rough detox.

Take it one day or one hour at a time. Keep reading and posting. I couldn't have done it without this place. It really helped take my mind off my own stuff, plus helped me deal with the insane part of me that still wanted a drink.

Glad you here!:ghug3
Old 05-22-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

IndiaM~Good Luck on your sobriety. That was a tough Detox. Glad today is a bit better 4 U.

Just wondering...how much were U drinking everyday?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and congratulations on making it through a tough withdrawal. You're an inspiration to me,
Old 05-22-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

Sorry you're having a rough time - I really recommend seeing a Dr, IndaMiricale - it really is the best thing to do.

D
Old 05-22-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome, and another vote for seeing a Doctor. That sounds like a tough withdrawal.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...
Good to know you are here.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

To answer that could very but at least 12 beers and probably 4,5 shots which were always doubles cause I work in the restaurant bus. and all bartender hook up others. Great right now, but easy could do more cause I never counted or hardly paid in a fog , I only on day 5 but I like it so far!!!!!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome Indamiricale...hopefully it gets better in the next day or two. Make sure you're drinking alot of fluids. Sleep when you can...and see your doctor soon. Glad you're here.