They Just Don't Get It

Old 05-20-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

They Just Don't Get It

Ugh....Very frustrating day.....AH left around 7p last night. That's not unusual, but he didn't come home until noon today. I didn't even care to ask him where he was. Whatever. He was having some scheduling issues, and said he needed my support. Well that sent me into a tizzy. I had to get our 6 year old son out of bed last night at 10:30 pm last night to go pick up my older son from work.....All because husband was out at the bar. How supportive is that being of me???? I stopped before I got too upset. I can't wait to get myself and my children out of this mess. He actually believes he's a good dad. I keep telling myself that every day I wake up is one day closer to getting away from him. He makes my head hurt...Not to mention my heart. I can get through this...I can get through this...I can get through this.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes you can get through this. It does suck and the pain can get bad BUT it does start to ease up as time goes on. They really do not get it. They do not understand all the pain that they cause and that is why I am glad that I FINALLY GOT IT! Now I can get out of his way and live my own life free of the alcoholic fog.

Hang in there and keep posting!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay strong. you will get through this. If you take care of yourself things will get better
Old 05-20-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CXR

Originally Posted by sarasara View Post
Ugh....Very frustrating day.....AH left around 7p last night. That's not unusual, but he didn't come home until noon today. I didn't even care to ask him where he was. Whatever. He was having some scheduling issues, and said he needed my support. Well that sent me into a tizzy. I had to get our 6 year old son out of bed last night at 10:30 pm last night to go pick up my older son from work.....All because husband was out at the bar. How supportive is that being of me???? I stopped before I got too upset. I can't wait to get myself and my children out of this mess. He actually believes he's a good dad. I keep telling myself that every day I wake up is one day closer to getting away from him. He makes my head hurt...Not to mention my heart. I can get through this...I can get through this...I can get through this.
Sorry to hear you are going through this. So, you detached -- you didn't even care to ask him where he was. Great! That's the healthy thing to do. You need to realize that. OK, now about the tizzy -- I hear you. Been there many times, done that even more. LOL. So, you need to get to a place where you aren't doing that. Detach, don't enable. Do the next thing in front of you -- the next right thing, the next thing that needs to be done. Be the sane, healthy parent for your children.

You CAN and WILL get through this. Go to meetings. Share. Experience the wisdom and strength of others. It will help you. Live your life -- you can only sweep your side of the street! Stay strong. All the best.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I swear, I sometimes think they would be the world's greatest magicians if they put their talent for illusion to good use...instead of using it to bring us down to their level.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My knees hurt from bending to sink that low so often. lol....Thank you all so much for your kind words. They are very much appreciated today....
Old 05-21-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by JACKRUSSELLGIRL View Post
I FINALLY GOT IT! Now I can get out of his way and live my own life free of the alcoholic fog.
awesome quote JackRussellGirl!! i am too out of that fog....what a wonderful feeling!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do it! Keep thinking of your kiddos they will help you find the motivation when it seems like there is none left.

One day at a time