Getting in Touch with Your Inner Goddess

Old 05-20-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting in Touch with Your Inner Goddess

How do you go about this? I have been reading "Succulent Wild Women" by SARK and have some ideas, but I want to hear what the other ladies on here think.

I'm talking about the kind of stuff that makes you feel confident, capable, spiritually beautiful, powerful and - dare I say it? - SEXY.

Thoughts?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Skipper

I'm wearing a clingy dress today just to go to lunch with a friend. I get to know what my unders are! Whoa!

Oh, and I shaved my legs....lol
Old 05-20-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ditto what anvilhead said -- and add wearing my hair down if I want some recognition for physical features ...it's down to about mid-thigh and people always notice .

Most of the time, though, it's not physical recognition I want -- I talk to intelligent, appreciative people who openly tell me when they enjoy my company and why, and in turn they also appreciate the gratitude I express toward them for their stimulating conversation. These people often tell me I'm intelligent and witty, and I do value intelligence very highly.

If all else fails, I talk to my South American language partners. It makes me feel great to be practicing my second language, and also when I get compliments about it ("Your Spanish is improving so much. I can't even tell you're from the US, they don't know how to conjugate!"). They're all also much more open about their opinions than the people I know in the US...they will laugh at me if I get something wrong, they tell me what physical and intellectual attributes are my best assets, and I also know that if they're hiding anything from me it's minimal. One of my language partners addresses me as "my impressive lady," and another will even sing for me :P. Great friends are a great way to feel competent, powerful...and yes, sexy too . Once you know what you value most about yourself, it's a lot easier to figure out what will help reinforce that you really do have it.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

New shoes. Some hot, new shoes.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Present

Find Your Goddess Archetype - Home Page, goddess-power.com
Find Your Goddess Archetype - Questionnaire, goddess-power.com

just for fun, there's a Goddess Archetype Questionnaire free
Old 05-20-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Getting prettied up and going to a milonga every Sunday to sip coffee, munch on fresh fruit sala and croissant, and dance Argentine Tango. Very little beats that.

Going to this awesome African dance class at the Y. It's very...earthy, joyous and spiritual. The more you sweat, the better!

And when in doubt, a lacey pair of undies (even under sweats) always makes me feel sexified.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I guess you have to sort out what makes you feel sexy, then do it. I just finished a week long tour of the state, following a bad ass woman who heads up an international organization. She taught me a thing or two about being sexy, like first and foremost I have to be happy when I look in the mirror. Also, masterbating is a great way to feel sexy. Get some new toys, take care of yourself.

Flirting with strangers in public is fun for me, but not everyones cup of tea.

This woman taught me how to:
be classy when others are acting like idiots. that one goes a LONG way.
wear amazing shoes and dresses that show off my legs (guess I better shave em)
how to help organize chronicially ill patients, which is just like herding cats. But oh my the feeling of empowerment-to empower others.

Of course, these are all things that turn ME on, your list will be different.

confident-- do what you're good at and love. Get better at what you love to do. Exercise, every day.
capable, see above, AND dump all the jerks from your life that infect your self esteem with their version of you.
spiritually beautiful, I get up in the morning before my chidren and pray.Also, my sister recently told me "You forgot Creator is your eternal partner, that's all. That's why there are tens of thousands of us, to remind each other," in response to my question, What the hell is wrong with me?"
powerful this one is easy. All we have to do is change what we say to oursevles about ourselves. Try this:
I love who I am
I am grounded in my own power
I"m my own authority on all levels.

Good Luck Sister! You can do it!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dancing!!! Even if it's at home by myself. Wearing sexy, lacy lingerie...especially when I'm in my ratty paint clothes (which is practically a uniform now), wearing perfume I love, taking the time to do my hair and makeup...getting my toes done! And of course painting! Basically treating myself well first and foremost.

MeredithD1...thanks for the Goddess quiz. I scored a 25 for Aphrodite and a 21 for Persephone. LOL...Light and Dark...i must be really confused.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Present

Originally Posted by LaPinturaBella View Post
Dancing!!! Even if it's at home by myself. Wearing sexy, lacy lingerie...especially when I'm in my ratty paint clothes (which is practically a uniform now), wearing perfume I love, taking the time to do my hair and makeup...getting my toes done! And of course painting! Basically treating myself well first and foremost.

MeredithD1...thanks for the Goddess quiz. I scored a 25 for Aphrodite and a 21 for Persephone. LOL...Light and Dark...i must be really confused.
Your dancing perfumed painted toenail celebration sounds awesome!

you're welcome - I took it too and came up very clearly Artemis - and one of the things it said was that she has a light and dark side - LOL! it was a fun quiz