Looking for parents with drinking adult kids

Old 05-18-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for parents with drinking adult kids

I have read alot of posts and see the same advice. I haven't though noticed any posts from parents with adult children who abuse alcohol. The parents I know in my city all try to get their kids out of the consequences, they enable and minimize it and hope for the best...and I guess most of those kids stop. I am guessing this is typical everywhere. So, any parents out there with experience at this? I am trying to hold my daughter accountable and thats just not done by anyone. Just saw another story on yet another drunk driver doing major damage last night ...about 2/ week are on the news. Its an epidemic in my city so not taken seriously.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The parents I know are well intentioned but niave in the begining thinking if they can get their kid past this one incident they will wise up. I've seen that scnerio go down too many times with different people including family. The problem is if they are 'bailed' out more than once no matter how minor the help might of been the problem ones will assume that help will always be there. For most finances alone prevent a lifetime of bailouts.

The problem one/alkie/druggie more than likely will be stuck in the mindset of a child trying to get away with what ever they can. Have adult family members pushing 50 acting like they are teenagers in college. Sooner or later they have to learn their lesson.