Pondering what to do

Old 05-18-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pondering what to do

Ah and I are taking a break. I moved out so we could both work on getting better and we agreed to a 45 day time period before we meet back with the
Counselor to see where we are at. The people he works with are peoplehe has used with and one girl he cheated on me with. I told him last week that there was no way for me to trust him at his job, he would have to find another one. Well our offices sometimes work closely together and a co-worker of his mentioned their annual retreat next week. Ah had told me two weeks ago he wasn't going this year and I said so to hiscoworker. She said that he is going up the first day but notspending the night. So I have two choices confront him and be ready to accept it if he won't back down or let it go and bring it up at our 45 day counseling. He obviously isn't getting it and really trying to build trust. Part of me thinks confronting him now might wake him up. But maybe not. Anybody have thoughts?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My thought is:

How is your recovery coming along Meggie? Are you learning anything new about yourself? Have you written down your personal values yet and the boundaries that are associated with them. What about consequences?

Your husband is free to do what he wants. And so are you. I hope recovery and personal enlightenment is in YOUR future. I'm not so sure about his....
Old 05-18-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Honey I know this is painful for you - I hate that you are going thru it - my question for you is - "If he isn't willing to put his priorities in this order (or close to it) his recovery, his relationship with his HP, you, y'all's marriage -then what are your options?"

If your not a priority to him, at least you can be a priority to YOU!

Please take good care of YOU - try to do what is healty and recovery oriented for YOU - let him and his actions go -

If he ain't walking, what he's talking - is it worth your peace and serenity?

Just a few things that helped me learn I deserved a lot more!

PINK HUGS
Rita