Notices

FYI - Chat room tonight.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow FYI - Chat room tonight.

I was in the chat room last night and there is going to be a meeting if anyone is interested @ 9PM EST.

I am new to recovery so I'm going to check it out and I hope that others that are new to recovery will as well.

I know sometimes chat rooms are hard to follow but maybe you can watch a covo for a bit and you will find someone you will have something in common with. There is always private messaging afterward.

Just thought I'd put this out there.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this. I am just about to bump up the meeting thread!

There is, indeed, a meeting tonight at 9 PM EST in the chat room. It will be in the meeting room. For those who have not been in chat or have had a hard time following, the meeting may be a good place to start, as we talk one at a time, rather than multiple conversations going on at once!

You do not need to share unless you want -- come sit and listen to other people's ES&H (Experience, Strength & Hope), or just introduce yourself. You can come late or leave early if you need to as well.

Hope to see you tonight!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How does this chat thing work? Is it a get to know each other share experiences thing? It would be nice to have a conversation with someone that is going through similar experiences. My boyfriend doesn't want to hear anything about it. I'm 100% alone in this.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are various rooms lpnangel - some for general discussion, others for recovery based discussion

D
Old 05-18-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lpnangel View Post
How does this chat thing work? Is it a get to know each other share experiences thing? It would be nice to have a conversation with someone that is going through similar experiences. My boyfriend doesn't want to hear anything about it. I'm 100% alone in this.
When you log into the chatroom (see upper right tab), it takes you into a general default room. sometimes we discuss recovery, other times we just chat about anything. If you have something specific you want to talk about, just speak up!

It is a good place to find support from others who are dealing with the same things you are.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hopefully see you all at 9!