Notices

New To Forum, Been Lurking

Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
skinnypuppy

Angry New To Forum, Been Lurking

Hello everyone. I have been reading on this forum for about a week or 2. Obviously I am an addict, hydrocodone. I sobered up from alcohol in 2001, although I have drank a few times in the last 2 months because I thought it might ease hydro withdrawalls, it did not. Luckily it was unpleasant enough that I did not develop a craving for it. I has 44 hours clean untill a half hour ago when I popped 8 5/500 hydros. I have no will power and CT is unbearable. I need to try the taper method. I was up to 90mg daily usually taken all at once with either 5/500`s or 10`325 hydros. My family deserves a real man, one who is not a druggie. I have a great wife and beautiful lil` son who is almost a year old. I feel guilty all the time and I want badly to stop this madness. I bought a bunch of herbs and lopramide to help with cold turkey but I couldnt hack it. This forum has provided great support though in the last couple weeks. Thanks to all who have been posting.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Skinnypuppy, glad you finally registered. I lurked for some months, reading and reading. It wasn't until I registered and struck up friendships on here that I felt I could tell the honest truth. In fact, it's been the making of my 26 days clean of alcohol. I think once you register and share your story it's the start of good things - let's call it a step in the right direction. I've no experience of your drug of choice, but I do think you could see your doctor for advice on how to quit permanently, safely. Welcome!
Old 05-16-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

WElcome to the family. I don't know anything about pills, I was a wino. We have a good substance abuse forum here for specific help and support with drug addiction. Take a look. Lots of other interesting forums here too. Look around and post where you will.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 05-16-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome skinnypuppy

I recommend you see a Dr.

I know - it's expensive...but if you can manage it you'll be glad of the professional guidance, I think.

Many towns now have free or low cost clinics too - google your town and free clinics.

D
Old 05-16-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us and decided to post.

If possible, see your dr. That's always a good idea. And, know that you can get through this and live a sober life.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome , and keep hanging around here. It is a good place to be.

It might be a good idea to chat with someone like your GP.

Just to make sure you body is not too stressed when coming off .

Take care

L
Old 05-16-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome! So glad you decided to join us...... I hope you can figure out what you need to do for withdrawals. You deserve a life free from addiction, as we all do. Hang in there!