Notices

Slipped, started over. Now on Day 3...

Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slipped, started over. Now on Day 3...

Hello all.

Well I made my first post (my re-first post) this past Thursday saying I was begining Day 1. Thursday went fine, minus the lack of sleep that eveing, and Friday all day went fine. But when I went out to dinner Friday night I had 3 drinks.

So I slipped up. I began, again looking at Saturday as a new beginning. It is now Monday afternoon, middle of Day 3 and havent had a drink since Friday night. Again, I deal with a high level of boredem and complacency, which leads to me heading out to be social in the evenings...which leads to a drink.

I know if I can begin to fill my time with more valuable things, this will make this journey easier.

So just trying to stay positive and think "I havent had a drink in 4 of the last 5 days" and continue to move forward.

Just wanted to update and thank you again for all of your support!

Jay
Old 05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back to SR. I'm sure you know the drill. Hang in there and keep counting--as will I. I'm on Day 2 of a series of small series of days. I feel strong right now though. How about you?
Old 05-16-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can you think of ways to be social that don't involve alcohol Jay?

D
Old 05-16-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jay,

I had to make a lot of changes in my life in order to be able to recover.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know how you feel, Working. Boredom also gets me into trouble. Not sure what it is, but when I get too idle, I suddenly need a beer. Stay strong and good work and the last four days.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I keep talking about the social element of alcoholism too. It makes it very, very complicated. I think that you will need to be less social for as while (as will I). I managed not to really even want to go out tonight...a hard sell for me.

Over the weekend Phil and I decided that since I'm quitting drinking (even if in fits and starts) that we would assume part of our drinkin' money and buy a tractor. Yep. A real tractor. It gets delivered tomorrow and we can start digging stuff up. Woohoo.

Be strong WD. And maybe we'll both find better friends.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep plugging on, friend, and keep posting! Glad you aren't wallowing in self misery and picking right back up. Onwards and upwards. I'd suggest maybe have a little think about what when on in your mind on Friday before you drank, so that you can avoid it next time. Glad to see you back.