Notices

Back at square one.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at square one.

Oh boy, I have well and truly stuffed up this time. I was so happy yesterday, I'd been to the gym and was buzzing. Goodness knows why, but I deliberately went back out to the shops (made some excuse to my hubby as to why I needed to go) to get some wine and guzzled it on my own while I was preparing dinner. My Husband found out and went out with the kids for a few hours. He's now told me that he's had enough. He loves me, but can't live like this anymore and he's left me. I am totally gutted. I've made an appointment with the Drugs & Alcohol services, but it's not until 2nd June.

I really want to get and stay sober.

Rachel
Old 05-15-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rachel.

You have access to this site. Do you have access to AA or other programs of recovery that you don't have to wait till June 2nd?

I'm sorry to hear about your husband and kids leaving. I encourage you to take this time and focus it on recovery and getting and staying sober.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm sorry your husband left, but you can be free of alcohol if you truly want to. Have you checked out AA meetings? That would be something that would help you between now and your appointment with the D&A services. Hang in there and do not drink. We're here to support you.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rachel, I'm sorry, but it's true that this disease robs us of everything that is dear to us.

Please hang out here when you can and do whatever you need to do to stay sober. Know that you can get through this and live a sober life.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry too Rachel

Here are some Aussie links that may be of use to you
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2273689

D
Old 05-15-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I'm hoping that my Husband is just trying to frighten me and give me a reality check. He's going to come home at lunch time, so I'm hoping we can have a chat.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your husband leaving you, maybe this is your "bottom" and you can start down the road to permanent sobriety. If you get, and stay sober, maybe your relationship can heal.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well at least you prepared dinner while drinking. In the end with me, I just wanted to sit on the couch and drink my wine. I am so sorry you are going through this. Maybe his leaving will be the catalyst you need to maintain sobriety. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about your family difficulties, hopefully you can sit down with your husband and have a heart to heart talk and work out a way to fight this disease together.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's good that he is coming for lunch. Maybe you're right and he is trying to frighten you into doing what you need to do.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh, Rachel, I am so sorry to hear about your husband taking off. As Zebra said, maybe this is your "bottom." Stay in touch here on SR, there is a ton of support!

And keep us posted...I am rooting for you, both with the family and kicking the alcohol!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry he left...but he's just trying to make a point and have you think. Even though you made an appt. (which is fantastic) don't be surprised if he doesn't need some time. It's very discouraging to family members because they don't have any control over your thoughts and actions.
I'm not sure how long you had stopped but hopefully, you'll set this in your journey as a learning experience and move on.
Let us know what happened. Wishing you peace and strength.