Notices

proud of myself

Old 05-15-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

proud of myself

Today I woke up with a wonderful sense of accomplishment, it was anything big, but big to me, yesterday my ex called me 4 times trying to convince me into letting him come over and get high with me, I was almost in tears trying to tell him to stay away, but i did it, and u know what, it took about an hour for me to get over the (i really wanna get high) feeling, but i did, and the rest of my night was fantastic, I truly felt good about myself and was able to get a good night sleep, and today has been an awesome day so far....
Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
King of Fools

awesome!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you. I also need to learn to take care of myself and not worry about what others think or want. So you stayed tough and should be proud of yourself!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go! You have every right to feel good. There's nothing like waking up in the morning knowing we didn't drink/use the night before.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Servant of God

Great job! I could imagine a really good feeling the next day on that one.

I don't want to pry or tell you what to do but you may want to consider blocking his # or changing yours. I'm not doubting your strength here and you have already displayed it, but its possible that you were able to resist the temptation because you were in a solid place with your recovery that night. I don't know your situation but if he continues to be a negative threat to your recovery it may be possible to catch you in a moment of weakness someday.

Just know that there are things you can do now to stay out of some really tough situations.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

fantastic luvlibrwn1!

D
Old 05-17-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FNB3 View Post
Great job! I could imagine a really good feeling the next day on that one.

I don't want to pry or tell you what to do but you may want to consider blocking his # or changing yours. I'm not doubting your strength here and you have already displayed it, but its possible that you were able to resist the temptation because you were in a solid place with your recovery that night. I don't know your situation but if he continues to be a negative threat to your recovery it may be possible to catch you in a moment of weakness someday.

Just know that there are things you can do now to stay out of some really tough situations.
well, u were right, and he did, back to square one, think now would be a good time to take your advice, thanx
Old 05-17-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Does this site work or what?
Always people such as FNB3 looking out and giving great advice.
Sorry Luvli, people, places, things. Gotta clean house. He (EX FOR A REASON) is no friend of yours. Avoid!
Keep at it. A wonderful life awaits. Remember that good feeling and strive for more.