Seriously?!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seriously?!

Just need a place to vent so I can move on.

AH just said to me "I know what I want for Father's Day". My response (without really thinking): "oh I thought I would get you the same thing I got for Mother's Day" (I got nothing btw). I got daggers in return with a "never mind".

Seriously how does he remotely think it is okay to not get me anything (which was a total change from the previous 17 years) and then turn around and want to tell me what to get him! REALLY? The man needs a large glass of "let's be realistic" oh but that doesn't exist in a self centered world in which he must live.

AWW thanks for reading and giving me a place to get rid of this stuff. Much better now.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

LOL....sorry, loved the comment back...!! i wont feel guilty saying it either!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I love that answer! <3
Short, sweet, to the point, and all it does is reflect his choices back at himself.
I love it!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep. Me, Me, Me. And then if you forget about me, just pass on a big portion of ME. Cause that's the way they roll.

These people seem incapable of thinking about others.

Mine is funny. Well, actually it is sad. But I have to laugh. Of late she's been saying I'm the one who is selfish and self centered and only care about me. And she's not going to let me turn this conversation into all about me when it's about her.

I ask her what color the sky is in her little fairy world. But I only ask using my inner voice. Which causes me to chuckle. Unfortunately the chuckle was out loud. But not very loud! Which starts yet another chain reaction of delusions. When what I really wanted to know was if there was anything I could do to help her out before I left town. It appears being honest, faithful, loving, kind, and providing a well above average life is not quite enough. There is something missing, she knows not what. But it is all my fault. So I imagine her duck walking across the room in an outfit just like The Penguin wears on the original Adam West Batman.

Darn chuckles instantly return.

But you might try it.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had to laugh because that sounds exactly like my ah. Everything is about him.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

..and why do you guys stick around, exactly???
Old 05-14-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sandrawg View Post
..and why do you guys stick around, exactly???
Because its so damn funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Before Alanon and therapy I would have really had my feelings hurt on Mother's Day. Now I see his choice didn't have much to do with me and more to do with just who he is and how ill he is. He was really mad at me last weekend because I told him I would drive on Friday night (because I could smell that he had been drinking) and he came unglued. Crazy me for not letting him drive our girls and me around. He stormed off and then showed up at the event (school event) and glared at me. The whole time he was there he stood 10 feet away from me. The next day (after I slept in another room) I told him I didn't want him to go with the kids and I to our Mother's Day fun. Interesting since then... I haven't smelled alcohol once and he has stated at least 3 times something about his AA meetings. Something tells me he didn't like being alone on Mother's Day. It was great making a good choice for me and not worrying about how it would affect him! I didn't have to walk around on egg shells once on Mother's Day and I LOVED it!

Thanks for the support!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alone22 View Post
AH just said to me "I know what I want for Father's Day". My response (without really thinking): "oh I thought I would get you the same thing I got for Mother's Day" (I got nothing btw). I got daggers in return with a "never mind".
:rotfxko :rotfxko
Old 05-15-2011, 12:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Funny how when they feel their world is being threaten, they stop drinking and start talking about AA! Mine does it all the time but not buying it this time because I know in a few months it will be wash, rinse and repeat. Stop for a few months when she talks about splitting and then once he feels the heat is off, start up again. The hiding, lying and obnoxiousness returns. Oh the DANCE, the DANCE, the DANCE!!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

OK! who has the duck?? someone has the duck to
Q U A C K!
Old 05-15-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ha Ha! Mine thinks he has the right to demand that I move out of the apartment even though I've been the SOLE ONE paying for it for 2 years!

Oh well, I guess it's better than him thinking he can make up for 4 years of abuse by buying me a plant (which died by the way as our apartment doesn't get much sun - guess he didn't think of that one).
Old 05-15-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This codie stopped dancing a few months ago. Sustained recovery, sustained change is the only thing that will get my attention at this point and he knows it. It took me years to figure out the dance (man they are good aren't they). I am just so pleased with myself that I can hold my head high and not let this stuff get to me (too much).

RECF.... OH man he thinks you should move out! SERIOUSLY!? and a plant...lol. Crazy what they say and do sometimes.