Notices

Feeling good

Old 05-09-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dfw

Feeling good

Hello all,

I just thought I'd pop in for an update. I'm on day 30 something…honestly I've lost track, it may even be closer to 40. But I feel like my emotions are swinging back and forth in a less extreme manner lately. My attitude has been pretty joy filled, and things that used to **** me off when I was drinking just make me laugh now. (Ex. when recording music, I messed up the words and instead of getting pissed off, I just laughed and kept going…maybe this is a good analogy for the rest of my life from here on out).

My life is far from perfect, but I just feel more happy about who I am becoming. I think when anyone on here gets discouraged about how things are going for them in their personal life, and they're still maintaining sobriety, they should take two steps back and think…I am so happy that I'm not drinking to deal with these issues.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good News to hear you are doing well.

Yeah, I don't jump on things anymore...I just let life ride it out and see what happens. It's usually better that way. I find a calming sense of serenity in muh bones lately and don't get upset over much. Things have a way of working themselves out...especially if you don't get mad over it!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dfw

Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
I find a calming sense of serenity in muh bones lately and don't get upset over much.\
It's a good feeling isn't it?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

YEA for you! I know things have been rough for you! Glad you are hanging in there. The aftermath of my drinking that I had to work through bone sober was a total bi!ch! I look back now and wonder how in the world I ever functioned at all with the amount of alcohol I was consuming. Let the peices fall where they may my friend! You are doing great!