Mothers day flowers from the rescuers

Old 05-08-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mothers day flowers from the rescuers

I'm super annoyed right now and really am just venting. Ah has been in rehab for about a month. I refuse to converse with him bc I am trying(successfully) to detatch from him. Anyways, here I am, raising our kids, with no family to help, while he is in treatment. I wondered if he was going to acknowledge me on mothers day. Now I know that he hAs successfully moved to phase 2 of his program which means he can use the phone more, Get more privelages, etc. So, he did call on my vm this morning to say happy mothers day. However, his mother left flowers on my doorstep saying they were from him. Guys, this is seriously making my blood boil. I think their intentions were good and it's certainly a kind gesture, but come on! Have they learned anything about rescuing?! His family has coddled him in every step of his life and you'd think now they might finally get it? Am I mean for having something like this aggravate me?!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Breathe......and take it easy. Sometimes we simply need to accept a gift in the spirit in which it was intended.

Happy Mother's Day......this is a day to honor all mothers and you are a special mother because you are holding down the fort solo right now and that's a huge task. Love yourself today.....you deserve it.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-08-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Relax. Even if he has no means to pay for the flowers, that doesn't mean he didn't arrange for you to get them. Or maybe the mom thought she'd do it for him since he is recovering.

There are a million reasons to be mad at your AH without creating one.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think that you may be over thinking it. You are deserving of the flowers because of all you do. We don't want him saying "I'm leaving, I cannot even do something simple like get my wife flowers for Mother's Day". I think it would be different if he were out, and using and his Mom was covering for him. They have a lot to contend with in treatment, it's not easy and if we can do little things that are positive to help along the way, I think it's a good thing. Family support is crucial for success for many, and others say they got serious when the family cut all ties. It's a tricky play by play call.......but I am glad you get to look at pretty flowers, and that you come here for support. Happy Mother's Day !
Old 05-08-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree, enjoy the flowers and don't think too hard.

It's hard not to let things annoy us when we are fragile but I learned a long time ago that it's a lot easier when I just show up and let life happen.

Hugs