Notices

Almost made it to a year...

Old 05-05-2011, 11:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost made it to a year...

And I was feeling pretty darn smug about it. Until last weekend when I drank all of my roommates' beer and then went out for more (took a cab to the store, at least I didn't drive...easy to not drive when you don't have a car, but anyways.)

I'd been going downhill with my psychiatric stuff and basically had a sort of breakdown a couple of days before I drank. It didn't help that I'd decided - without consulting with my doctor - to stop taking Prozac about three months ago. So my depression got out of control, I was in pain, and I drank me some beer medicine. Fortunately it was a one night deal, I drank on Saturday and then on Sunday checked myself into our local crisis center to stabilize my psych stuff...I just got out today. I've been calling other women, I went to a meeting and picked up a white chip tonight, and of course now I'm here.

My new sobriety date is May 1, 2011 and I have five days now. Sigh. Last year I'd made it to 8 months, and this year I made it to 11. Next time I'm going to try to get this right.

Stephanie
Old 05-06-2011, 12:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

At least your back here with us to get it right again and that can only be a good thing! Look how far you get each time, so you know you have it in you to be able to do it and look at all those Months you HAVENT drank!!!

Good luck this time around!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Steph, welcome back and well done on your months of sobriety prior to your slips. I am just on my day 5 so we are kind of at the same point although I have yet to make two weeks sober after a few years of trying on and off so Im sure there is alot you can teach me.

You did very well getting straight back on the programme and have my admiration - my sick brain would probably have led me into thinking I may as well carry on for a while (until I feel too ill to continue).

There are a fair few of us in early days in the Class of May 2011 group if you fancy wanging (my term for internet "hanging out") with others struggling and supporting each other in early days.

All the best.

PS x
Old 05-06-2011, 01:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back
Old 05-06-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind words...I do appreciate the support so much.

Hugs.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Oh, Sweetie. I am sorry for your pain. We've all been there. Just get back on it. You know what to do.

I am glad to see you back here. Hugs.

Much love.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, Bella. Thanks for that...I'm fortunate that my little 'walk on the wild side' didn't last very long - just one long afternoon and evening, then I was done. Hope to run into you at the Alano Club sometime and hope you're doing well. ;-)

Stephanie
Old 05-06-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Steph

Well done on turning it round so quickly... took guts! 1st May is my start date as well..

Chrissie
Old 05-06-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

:ghug3 Hey Steph - glad you got things straightened out and knew what was going on. I went off my Prozac about a year before I relapsed (I did this twice, ten years apart and after years of sobriety). Didn't connect the dots until this time around.

Be good to yourself - you're going to be OK! Just glad you're here and didn't stay out there........
Old 05-06-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Steph. I am sorry you relapsed, but I am happy you got right back up and on track. You did all the right things after you drank, so that is progress.

I am glad you are back, and are willing to do the work and the things you need to recover. As always, we are here for you!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Steph,

I'm sorry this happened to you, but it sounds like you can learn from this experience. So next time, if you want to go off your meds, you will know what to do and to talk to your dr. Self-medicating with alcohol seems so easy at the time, but it helps nothing.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
oak

Steph,
I remember your name from when I was here a lot last fall I'm impressed that you are getting back to sobriety so quickly. Take care!