Notices

14 through 16 was so so tempting!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

14 through 16 was so so tempting!

Well I can say that I have never been so tempted in my life! This is so hard! I thought once the 1st 2 weeks have gone by it would be easier and its the opposite! This disease is stressing me out. "Breathe in breathe out" arrrggghhhh
Old 05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Idiot!

I am 15 months sober and I just had 4 days of hell - SO wanted a drink. Don't know where it came from. But I know from experience that it goes away and afterwards you think - thank god I didn't throw it all away.

It does get easier as you go along, and it had been months since I'd had a craving - but I don't think you can ever get complacent no matter how long you are sober.

Well done for getting through it!

Stu.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hang in there! It does get easier
Old 05-05-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

It's tough, but these are exactly the mind storms you have to get through to recover. And when the next one hits, you know you can get through that one too.

I had my one and only relapse at exactly 2 weeks, last September, after vowing to never drink again. I had a horrible obsession to drink the day before. Got through that. But on the day I relapsed there was no tempation. I just remember thinking that I made a clear, conscious decision to drink. And I did so.

The next day I started the sober journey I've continued for 8 months. What I brought out of the relapse was that realization that there is no such thing as an alcoholic making a clear, conscious decision about alcohol--except NOT DRINKING.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was worried about you! I'm so glad you are still here and you are beating your temptations. I have failed a couple of times but I need to know someone can make it. I need to know we can walk away. Great for you!

How is the pregnancy coming?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Man, I can relate! UGH! The last two days the weather has been superb, I've been doing my normal summer stuff - pool with the kids, eating outside. This evening hubby and I watched the sun go down in my little suntrap yard, and the urge for a crisp, cold Sauvignon REALLY got to me. It was so powerful!!! So I sat there with my cold Collins Mix, and really thought about WHY I thought I needed it to add to what I already had, right there. It suddenly hit me - the moment was perfect as it was. There was no need to add anything to the mix. It was about as great as life could get, why would I want to go and spoil it?

So all is good here, Day 16 and still doing it. Glad my quit buddies are doing well, too.