Notices

Thirty Days

Old 05-04-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thirty Days

A lot of posts I have read talk about reaching a new clarity after 30 days sober. Any thoughs on this anyone would like to share? I'm not there yet... but I look forward to posting when I am!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think for me, three weeks was a big turning point. It was at that point that I began to feel comfortable and to have the clarity to believe that, yes, I could do this. It was an empowering feeling.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For me , 30 days has been a point of clarity and one of risk. I guess at this point portions of my body are recovering and systems getting back to normal, mind is out of the fog yet too often ( and again at 60 , 90 , 120 days ..) something goes haywire in my thinking and I have relapsed.

I have no idea why this 30 day spacing has occurred for me , but yes , 30 days does get me to the point of some clarity but now its with extra caution , awareness and preparation should the silly notion of picking up start.

Working toward 60 now...
Old 05-05-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I dont think i reached a point of clarity at any particular time and I dont think you should dwell on it , we are all different , I thought I had it beat after almost 2 years until this weekend. I now know it never goes away , its gets easier with time but for me it never left me , one good thing about my slip up I i have realised its going to be with me forever and i just need to acept that fact. Not easy tho...