Notices

It's so empowering...

Old 05-03-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's so empowering...

to start cleaning up the mess. It is also very frustrating. I have paper all over my office...what's been paid, what hasn't been paid. Sorting it out and cleaning it up is such a great feeling and I feel the stress melting away. Wow, what a clear mind can do for you!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dfw

Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
to start cleaning up the mess. It is also very frustrating. I have paper all over my office...what's been paid, what hasn't been paid. Sorting it out and cleaning it up is such a great feeling and I feel the stress melting away. Wow, what a clear mind can do for you!
Yeah I keep putting off massively cleaning my bedroom and home studio. I think I'll do that this weekend. I'm usually pretty drained after work where all I want to do is cook, eat, shoot the **** with my friend/neighbor, and go to bed.

What got you up and cleaning?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just the clear head got me up and cleaning. I forget how I always have intentions to get stuff done, but never did, cuz I was drinking. Now I am not procrastinating anymore. great feeling
Old 05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Eclipse- That is inspiring. Good for you! I too have loads of personal stuff the tackle. Stuff that the bottle prevented me from addressing. I know the motivation will come. You post reminded me that diving in and addressing it will start to "melt the stress away".
Old 05-03-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Eclipse

D
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Very, very awesome eclipse

I, too, am finding myself inspired to tackle a lot more organizing/cleaning around here. On top of having renewed energy that I haven't had in the longest time. Here I thought I was "supermom" on the pills and I am finding that was nothing but an illusion that my addiction was feeding me. Amazing what can happen when that fog lifts

Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work

-Jess
Old 05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Putting off doing/cleaning/sorting things is part of the reason I want to quit so badly. After a night of drinking I am feel especially sickened at how much stuff I need to do. Then when I get home I am exhausted and in order to forget about it....I drink. And the cycle goes round and round. Thanks for the post!! I really look forward to getting ahold of my life. How good is feeling a sense of accomplishment?!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh lord I can relate ....and I am bad for clutter and my non alcoholic wife ( and big support) and I have just so much clutter....big push now to get it all sorted , recycled and out the door. Why the heck do I have so many things? And where will I find the next surprise empty...lord but it sure feels good...even when I come across an empty I never knew I put there and thank each day I am not doing that ... like sobriety , no mountain is moved in a day...a few loads each day and soon the mountain changes shape and looks better.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I still have alot to do, but I am actually feeling motivated, not discouraged, stressed and freaked out. The sunshine outside helps alot too. I need to get back into a walking routine. I love to walk and get outside. I worked in the yard over the weekend and wore myself out. Lots of scratches and bruises from yard work, but it feels great. Now if I can just keep it up and not let some little stupid thing give me a reason to go out and drink!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am also drinking lots of cranberry juice, water, vitamins and e-mergency. It all helps!