Notices

Having Trouble Sleeping

Old 05-01-2011, 11:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having Trouble Sleeping

I am officially on Day 4. I have felt great all day but now having trouble sleeping. I am tired, just can't seem to relax enough to actually sleep. I was off the computer and TV for a while earlier and got real anxious so I came back on. Going to try and get to sleep here soon. Just wondered if anyone else experienced that early on.

Tomorrow will be a hard one...going grocery shopping and that is usually when I get my secret stash of wine for the week and 2 pints of beer for when I am putting the groceries away....Wish me luck!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's very common, I'm afraid.

I was used to insomnia anyway with my drinking, so I just worked my way through it - but here's a link with some handy hints that may help

Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

D
Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Umm, I'm still knocking around until 12.30am most nights (day 12). But it's okay for me at the moment, I'm not having trouble getting up in the morning but I am tired in the day. I'm trying to do fairly physical things so that my body is tired, and then trying to set up a bedtime routine that helps me relax. Problem is, once I log on to SR, I get kinda stuck here..I read all the new postings and can't help but reply (especially the ones with lower responses. They tug at me, you know?).
Grocery shop for me tomorrow, too. I've done a couple already - I made sure I navigated the store by getting my bread first (it's normally by the booze aisles) while I felt strong, and worked my way backwards. When I was drinking, I'd normally got the wine last, after having a little mental discussion with myself (shall I get some today? No..I'm quitting. Shall I? Oh well, I'm here in the aisle now, might as well...sigh). I find I can now completely skip out 1/4 of the store!! You don't even have to go anywhere near there for ANYTHING once you have that lovely bread. Spend that time in the soda aisle and find something you think you might like instead. I realized I'd never, ever been down it in the 3 1/2 years I've lived here. I found Collins Mix (some salty fizzy lemon stuff) that is delicious. That's really quite shocking! Once you are outta there with no alcohol in your cart trust me, you will feel great. And realize you CAN go to the grocery store without having to negotiate those dreaded aisles, you will feel so much better. Plan your route...!

Last edited by newwings; 05-02-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-02-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It happens unfortunately and personally nothing I did really helped much. It just takes time. When I binge drink/recover sometimes do not sleep for a week - everytime i close my eyes i can actually feel my head buzzing and my ears ringing and immediately start sweating. Its the most difficult thing in the world to have to force yourself to go to work when you are feeling like this.....and it feels like it will never get better with your mind racing all the time. Just believe that it will - usually with one good nights sleep the rest will follow. Good luck