Anyone read Wayne Dyer?

Old 04-30-2011, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone read Wayne Dyer?

I am reading his book on intention right now..he talks alot about energy "frequencies" and how when we feed the things we don't want (like when we worry about someting bad happening) how we contribute to attracting the very thing we are trying to avoid.
I have talked before about not "feeding" the addiction with your energy, so this makes sense to me...I am really working on focusing on what I want, rather than what I don't want..the old faith instead of fear trick in a different package..all signs are pointing me that this is the way to go..anyone have any thoughts on wayne or this topic?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't read his work - but I practice just that. It's like the "Secret".
Old 05-01-2011, 01:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change."

Old 05-01-2011, 03:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love Wayne Dyer and have heard his motivational speeches several times on Public TV.

And I agree that our thoughts lead us to that which we think about, it's like a cosmic connection of some kind. If I think positive thoughts, I am filled with positive energy and if I think sad or negative thoughts I am sad.

I think the key is balance. It's okay to be sad, it's valid, but I try not to hang out there too long. And changing my thinking can lead me to a better place.

On most days I get to choose the kind of energy I will give and therefore attract. I think that for today I shall be peacefully happy and adventurous.

Thanks for the thought provoking topic. It's a good read to begin my day.

Hugs
Old 05-02-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I read Wayne Dyer. I also like to read a lot of his friend Deepak Chopra. He has a great book on addiction also. He has also opened up an addiction treatment center in the last year. Eckhart Tolle is great too!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I started a spiritual book club with a few women and we are reading A New Earth..it is not light reading!But, it's really insightful and challenging..I also read Deepok Chopra as well and like him alot.
I get the sweater thing!But I do like the way he explains things..I really like his book on the Tao..