Notices

Worked hard outside today..but bored

Old 04-30-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worked hard outside today..but bored

Had an awsome day of working outside today, deck furniture out, plants all over, wish I still had someone to enjoy it with. I'm not craving booze, and all my friends are around, but drinking, still a little too fragile to be around, proud of another day sober, and working hard on the house...but bored as hell now...How do you all cope? Summer's coming, I'm so ready to let someone into my life..have had a hundred first dates in the past year, since divorce, but the booxe prevented any relationships....
Old 04-30-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

same here....only i have to pay someone to do my heavy yard work..digging out dead trees, building my rock wall carrying mulch and dirt...but it sure does look good!

I've been by myself now for over a year, (surprisingly not due to my previous drinking, his own demons are gambling and the ponies).

I've been building a relationship with myself, going to the gym, enjoying my friends and doing what I can in the family situation...(my mother is terminally ill and suffers from Alzeimers).

I replaced Mr. Fandy with a little rescue dog about 3 months into my sobriety...just a little guy to walk and he is so cute we start lots of conversations with everyone when we go walking....(i also have 3 cats but they are not social to be walked and meet people)...most people you meet walking or at Petsmart are completely sober and you have similar interests.

also, Barnes and Noble coffee areas are great...get yourself a Nook, I-Pad or a Tablet....you will have saved so much $$$ by not drinking!

best of luck to you! i also enjoy an hour of free time at the gym to keep from being bored and get my health back by dropping body fat.