Notices

Tomorrow will be a week!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow will be a week!

Working on staying sober for my 6th day today. So far so good! I posted a few days ago introducing myself on my 4th day. I was explaining how I was having a hell of time sleeping. Well I'm happy to report my sleeping has gotten a lot better in the last 2 days.

! do find myself waking up way too early now (like this morning when I woke up at 3:30am, and I went to bed around 9pm). But its working itself out. I'm a single 30 year old, so theres nothing waking me up like kids or a wife. I just guess since I'm not in an alcohol induced coma while sleeping anymore I get up earlier. Who knows lol.

Anyways just tossing out an update is all! Keep positive thoughts everyone! I know I am!

-Ryan

P.S. I really can't remember the last time I've been sober for a week. Heck let along a day. Its crazy to me.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you and I have the same Start Date RR.
I've had trouble sleeping too, but ironically I now sleep better and longer once I have dropped off.
One thing I have found that helps me a lot: taking a small laptop to bed, and logging onto the forum - which I only discovered a few days ago: it has been a major prop for me. I find that reading and working from a small lcd screen (with the main room lights turned off) helps me to feel sleepy.
Meanwhile, the content of the forum is very encouraging!
I'm not sure about the correct protocol here in terms of acceptable and unacceptable language, but 'Good Luck' with your efforts to stay off the booze.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Ryan and I'm glad you're sleeping better.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AllLiesAndJest View Post
Sounds like you and I have the same Start Date RR.
I've had trouble sleeping too, but ironically I now sleep better and longer once I have dropped off.
One thing I have found that helps me a lot: taking a small laptop to bed, and logging onto the forum - which I only discovered a few days ago: it has been a major prop for me. I find that reading and working from a small lcd screen (with the main room lights turned off) helps me to feel sleepy.
Meanwhile, the content of the forum is very encouraging!
I'm not sure about the correct protocol here in terms of acceptable and unacceptable language, but 'Good Luck' with your efforts to stay off the booze.
Oh I totally agree. The last few nights Ive been laying in bed with my laptop browsing the posts on here as well. Its very good support. It makes ya feel not alone. I really love this place.

In the past few days Ive been tempted to drink in my own mind, and when that happens I jump right on here and start reading. After a good browse on here the tempation is gone. This place is just fantasic.

Also congrats on your choice to drop the evil habit of alcohol! We'll both make it through Im sure! And just think how better life will be when we have. I know I cant wait

-Ryan
Old 04-30-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job, Ryan! Being on here has been totally instrumental to my 11 sober days. It strengthens me, especially when I share a quit date with three other regular posters. We are all on the same journey at the same time, and it's amazing what similarities crop up on the same time scale. It's very reassuring that you aren't alone and that the roller coaster of ups and downs aren't just YOU, they are the signs that you are healing .

On Day 11 I can report that I'm still knocking around at night until around 12.30am. I feel really energetic until late into the night and have to make the conscious decision to go off to bed rather than stay up watching TV or going on the internet. Grab a good book - I'm finding it really helpful to get off to sleep and stop my brain whirring.

But I'm sleeping really well once I do go off, and it's solid until the alarm goes off in the morning. I really noticed it around day 7/8, and I have tons more energy during the day, too. I didn't realize how poor my sleep quality was until I got sober.