Notices

Vodka

Old 04-30-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vodka

Okay, is it just me or does Vodka seem to be the Demon of Demons? Seems like SO MANY drinkers eventually get sucked under with the Vodka. Thoughts on this?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LSNP View Post
Okay, is it just me or does Vodka seem to be the Demon of Demons? Seems like SO MANY drinkers eventually get sucked under with the Vodka. Thoughts on this?
It's cause we're told that it doesn't smell.

But it does. Because when you're drinking so much of it that it's literally coming out your pores, we become walking distilleries.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My girlfriends and I used to laugh about the fact that it "goes" with everything....

Sad, huh?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

This comes up a lot - there certainly is that perception.

I destroyed myself on vodka, but I destroyed myself equally as completely on cheap wine and beer...

For me alcohol - any alcohol - was my demon of demons.

D
Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Vodka all the way......to insanity! Thank God and SR that is all over.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Vodka did me in.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is my demon for sure and the why's hmm I guess the myth it doesn't smell but its also , depending on strength and for me , quickest to feed that inner demon at least for me..the demon can never have enough till its taken body , mind and soul at times

It is a myth it does not smell as the metabolism of the poison produces toxins itself and they smell.

Stay well and another 24
Old 04-30-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i drank a lot of vodka when i was younger and but beer was my demon, i evn tried to switch to vodka to moderate once, i just ended up back on beer.

I see a lot here drank wine for the most part, I tried that too but in the end 30 beers in a night was my insanity.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was an "equal opportunity" drunk LOL. I could drink vodka, beer, wine, but my "ace in the hole" was always 100 proof whiskey. I do know at the end, beer wasn't enough. I always needed some type of hard alcohol to get me where I needed to be.

Today my drink of choice is Crystal Light fruit punch. Sooooo good, and it doesn't make me call in sick to work or blackout!

Best of luck!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I figured I couldn't possibly be an alcoholic, because I "only" drank beer. Of course, I drank 12-18 every day during the week and even more on the weekends...still, it was "only" beer. Insane.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yep. Vodka was not my friend. (Weird to put that in past tense.)

Vodka seemed friendly ("I'll just calm your nerves") for the first shot but then it wasn't my friend from there.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Originally Posted by reggiewayne View Post
Today my drink of choice is Crystal Light fruit punch. Sooooo good, and it doesn't make me call in sick to work or blackout!
Nice. I'm a cherry limeade or peach kinda guy, either Target's or Wal-Mart's store brand will due. Make it by the gallon (4 cups of powder per milk jug), and drink it by the gallon. Unfortunately, the cherry limeade color is so damn intense it stains everything it looks at. By now I suspect my insides are mostly red.

And alcoholic that I am, it just occurred to me both of these would probably mix most excellently with vodka.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Awakening...

I remember when I quit I wanted some Absolut mango flavored vodka. I thought "but it tastes good, like real mango!"
Well, I REAL mango tastes like a mango too! Mmmmmmmm, mangoes.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WakeUp View Post
I remember when I quit I wanted some Absolut mango flavored vodka. I thought "but it tastes good, like real mango!"
Well, I REAL mango tastes like a mango too! Mmmmmmmm, mangoes.
Costco has mango nectar in little boxes -- it's amazing!!

My other new love: Diet Blueberry Green Tea, which Arizona makes in those giant jugs, available at the supermarket. Fantastic!!

(Also, cherry Fresca.)
Old 04-30-2011, 06:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Whiskey was my poison of choice, but I wasn't picky, beer, vodka, wine you name it I drank it as long as I could be numb.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

vodka is cheap and gets you drunk quickly. Like you have to drink less volume. So I think people tend to get more drunk on it. I know I did.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I also enjoyed beer, but beer didn't get me drunk. Well, it would if I would have had the patience to drink alot of beer but that would take several hours. I would drink 3 or 4 beers as chasers to vodka. At the end if I had a six pack I would try not to drink more than 4 beers because I wanted to save a couple for morning to help with the hangover.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am selfish and self centered, that is what did me in. All of the alcohol and drug consumption was simply a by product of that. In the darkest of days I simply reached for grain alcohol to wash down the pills. I was only concerned about being effective.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I could of had a Vodka POOL , i loved it so much. I even turned to a brand that made 100 proof to drink less but then after a while needed just as much! 2 years ago I changed from Gin and tonics to vodka and from there it was all down hill. Dam should have stayed on the gin! After like 4 drinks of gin, it would make my stomach hurt so i would stop. Either way i would have ended up where i am. No excuses! Looking back its amazing that we didnt have to have shot glasses, just turn the bottle up and swig it. GAG! I used to drink a pint in 20 minutes before I got home and the spouse never knew because i would down peanuts or corn nuts to hide the smell!
Old 04-30-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

When Vodka knocked me on my rear, I switched to Wine! They both did me in!